Author Topic: Crash to desktop  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Crash to desktop
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
So there's hardly a round of gaming I can do in WAR without my laptop crashing to desktop. At first I thought it was every time I opened my Tome. But now it's getting random.

Reading up on teh interwebs, it seems I'm not the only one, but a solution seems to be lacking.

Anyone have an idea of what one could try to avoid repeated crashes?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Crash to desktop
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »
if you hear a looped noise its worth updating audio drivers and gfx drivers also as one of the devs says this is the most common cause of CTD'S

i was getting picture freezes but updating my gfx drivers seems to have cured that problem
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:23:45 PM by suralin »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Hmm noise is fine.

I've reinstalled directx before I started playing. I tried to reinstall official drivers for my gfx card... but the official driver says I'm not eligible. / sad

So something iffy going on there... but I don't know what to do about it if the official driver says it doesn't want me. u_u

It's an ATI mobility x700. Don't laugh... it runs... well... it shuffles along slowly on the lowest settings with everything disabled...

I lack monies. :(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »
you can always wait for the client to patch to retail version and see how it goes