Author Topic: Bright Wizards  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Bright Wizards
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »
I may have just decided on an alt class thanks to this little piece written by a WAR player on another board I use:

One pretty fiesty twist seperates this class from your typical fire-wielding glass cannon. That twist is combustion, baby. Gives a typically samey "fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball" class a lot of interest in one fell swoop. The more combustion you build up, the more often you crit, and the higher you crit. But at the same time, the more combustion you build up, the more chance there is of you, er, combusting. At maximum combustion (yeah I'm still talking about a wizard here), you have a 50% chance of doing pretty hefty damage to yourself every time you cast a fire spell. There's a spell to "de-flatulate" your combustive urgency in the form of a direct-damage spell that dishes out pain proportional to your explosive state. Some spells raise combustion more than others. A point-blank AOE is one such spell, which gives an interesting spin to the whole "spam AOE" tactic. You find that as you start getting a high level of combustion, you're basically a dead man unless you have a very nice healer going nuts for you. You're getting twatted by 50 little critters, and thanks to having a high combustion you're taking off half of your own health every other cast on top of that, sometimes critting yourself dead. So you have to offload combustion using the combustion-eating DD every now and then, to stop the chance of blowing yourself up getting too high. Course, having +50% crit chance and +50% damage (or something like that) while casting an AoE on 50 people be a mighty tempting proposition, so you find yourself smashing head on (in a sticky ball of flames and melted skin) into the big risk vs reward philosophy that this class was designed by. You're capable of doing mad things, pulling insane stunts in pvp and pve alike as you surround yourself with a fiery storm of big sexy crit numbers that every human being has an innate craving for... But the further you push the mass-destruction, the more likely you are to be consumed by it. Awesome, I say.

Sounds bloody great fun.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Bright Wizards
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
hehe backdraft my BW killed himself more than once while casting. :)

the message backdraft has been killed by backdraft popped up alot.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Bright Wizards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »
Its great counts as BW kills in your beastiary ;)  my BW has killed himself a few times.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)