Author Topic: fun images  (Read 87059 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: fun images
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 08:55:15 AM »
Not fun, but cool. Couldnt be bothered to make a new topic for it.

Photo's that were made through a microscope for a competition from Nikon. Awesome!

http://www.nikonsmallworld.com/leaderboard

Just a few that I like (many more on website above!):

Yanping Wang, Beijing, China
snowflake

Pekka Honkakoski, Iisalmi, Finland
Rare column snowflake with thin, knifelike ice extensions

Dr. David Maitland, Feltwell, UK
Double compound eyes of male Bibio marci. Larger.

Dr. David Maitland, Feltwell, UK
Eutrombidium rostratus (velvet mite)

Gabriel Luna, Santa Barbara, California, USA
Retinal flatmount of mouse nerve fiber layer

Dr. Igor Siwanowicz, Martinsried, Germany
Eyes of a Jumping Spider (Salticus scenicus)

Philip Hens, Linköping, Sweden
As grown surface of a silicon carbide single crystal

Marek Mis, Suwalki, Poland
Spirogyra sp. (green algae) filaments

Dr. Havi Sarfaty, Ramat-Gan, Israel
Mouth of common fly
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:57:28 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
Some of those were marvelous, others just terrified me..
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:08:29 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2011, 03:36:29 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »

Hippy.

The correct spelling would be hippie...  

i think you will find that BOTH spellings are correct so make sure you are correcting properly before being a dick :P

hippy (also hippie) 1

…(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs…

from Oxford dictionary
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:44:54 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
Saffy linked an image, entitled:

funny-light-switch-save-energy.jpg

Funny image btw, it just wouldnt link on here.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Hmm it worked before...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
Hmm it worked before...

well not anymore

seems its 1x1 pixel in size  :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
http://www.epicponyz.com/2011/08/best-light-switch-ever.html

edited with another link, hope it works now...

all that work for one damn pic *grumbles*

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
Too soon?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »
No such thing as too soon for anything tbh.

That was awesome.