Author Topic: Sony do suck :)  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Sony do suck :)
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »
Seems not only is PSnetwork affected by hackers also the entire SOE catalogue has been taken offline also.

As previously announced, we have been conducting an ongoing, thorough investigation stemming from the cyber attack in April and promised to notify you should there be any changes to the situation.

A press release was issued today outlining these details. We will promptly send a customer service notification via email to all of our impacted account holders whose customer data may have been stolen as a result of an illegal intrusion on our systems. This information was discovered less than 24 hours ago and in response, we took down our services until we could verify their security.

SOE is committed to delivering secure, stable and entertaining games for players of all ages and we're working around the clock to ensure this situation is resolved as quickly as possible. We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your continued patience and feedback.

Sincerely,
Sony Online Entertainment

Also means MORE details than first assumed have been stolen. Around 25M more according to BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13256817
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Sony do suck :)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
Kinda glad that after every time I try a SOE MMO, I remove my CC/Debit Card details and stuff from the accounts I hold with them.

Oh and in related news:

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
Seems I have 45 days of gametime free on every game I ever set up on either of my SOE accounts :)

And Ive been hankering for a superhero game since burning thru most of Smallville...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/welcomeback/
PC WELCOME BACK DETAILS

We want to ensure that your experience is as positive as possible as you re-enter our games. To show our gratitude for your patience and support, Sony Online Entertainment is offering a Welcome Back Program, the details of which are outlined below.

Firstly, as a Station Account holder in good standing, you will receive 45 days of game time (30 days plus 1 day for each day of the outage) added to your Station Account. This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account.

For those customers on an active paying plan, this time has been added to the end of your current billing cycle. For all other customers, your time begins upon your first login to each of the relevant games. Customers must login by 11:59 pm PST August 31, 2011 to claim the game time.

If you require the latest SOE game software, visit www.soe.com/getthegame.

In addition to game time, current Station Access subscribers (with accounts in good standing) will receive 500 Station Cash.

Lifetime subscribers/members (who are therefore not on a billing cycle) will receive in-game currency instead of game time:

Clone Wars Adventures™ - 7,500 Galactic Credits
Free Realms® - 20,000 Coin
DC Universe™ Online - 10 Marks of Distinction
Additionally, many of our PC games are offering a variety of items and special events to welcome players back, depending on which game(s) you play or have ever played. The table below covers, by game, which items are available and who is eligible to receive them.