Author Topic: Doing Quest Lower than your Level  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Doing Quest Lower than your Level
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:36:47 AM »
SO last night having hit a wall in the Dwarf Zones, finding the Chapter 8 quests a bit hard as only just level 15 (lot of level 18 mobs). While I could deal with them eventually as an engineer I found it a bit hard and if anything else appeared or someone dragged something past that then latched on I was gubbed.

So I took some advice from the strategy guid book and set out for the Elf chapter 5 stuff in the Shadowlands.

Ideal, OK so lucky if I get 36xps per kill of the level 11 mobs but being so easy to paste and having tiny threat cricles due to the level difference I was able to gobble up about 10 quests in a short space of time and most had rewards of about 2500 xps. Now thats a good xps to time ratio in my mind last night for little effort. Especially as I spent a chunk farting about and also doing a scenario but I still got to halfway to level 16 in less than about an hour.

Anyway out tonight but plan to do more tomorrow in the shadow lands, ideally I want to be level 18 before I head back and do the chapter 8 stuff in the MoM.

Anyway just thought a useful tip for any lower levels folks about doing the other areas quests. Can only think that I need to spend more time grinding PQ's in future to make sure I dont start getting behing myself on levels. Just used to from other games using the quests as a guide to moving on to the next area but I'll need to be more careful in future.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Re: Doing Quest Lower than your Level
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »
Anyway just thought a useful tip for any lower levels folks about doing the other areas quests. Can only think that I need to spend more time grinding scenarios in future to make sure I dont start getting behing myself on levels. Just used to from other games using the quests as a guide to moving on to the next area but I'll need to be more careful in future.

Fixed that for you!

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
Scenarios are the way to 'grind' XP and renown in this game, but trust me by the time you get to T3, you will get sick of constantly requeueing for Tor Anroc (even if it is fun).

Repeating the PVE content from other realms is a quick and easy way to get yourself the quest XP - though it might annoy some lowbies if you're power-running through T1 at T3 (and the rewards are rubbish). But one Tier down for Elf/Empire might be worth it ...

V

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
Well I'm still the same tier technically just a few chapters lower, also found I wasnt really getting in any lowbies ways as there were plenty of mobs about and not many low level folks around. A lot of it was just go here, get this and hand it in. For me nice and easy. Dont always get enough time to do PQ's and long RVR sessions so good alternate way to get the XPS I need. Plus still brings in a bit of cash on the side if not huge amounts.

Though I am enjoying the odd shot of Mourkain or Phoenix Gate, just hate Stonetroll. Thinking that CTF games would be good once I get the electromagnetic rod. Save it for when the guy grabs the flag then drag him back then hit them with the barbed wire as well giving the other time to put the beat down on them.  ;D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
Do all the altdorf quests too Axe - quite a few of them if you havent done so.

Many are just the usual "go speak" "go kill for me.." and so on, easy xp to be honest.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."