Author Topic: Ignoring Queues...  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Ignoring Queues...
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
... What's your early impressions now it has gone live?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Ignoring Queues...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »
well after 3 hour queue's on blightweald i re-rolled on stormpike only 50 min queues there most of the time.

i enjoy the game but do worry it may get old fast theres only so many rifts you can do till you have had your fill for the day at the moment thats not a concern as people are chasing gear.

but at endgame you could get a situation like in WOW where people just hang around in the capital cities, but as i have not got to fifty yet i cant say what end game is all about.

my main char is only level 22 and just started gloamwood but i was struggling to get any rifts done seems most people are still in silverwood so the few i know of on my server that are 50 and were 50 in 2 days will have a bit of a wait for people to catch up.

so all in all this game will stand or fall by its end game longevity, the game will survive i would think probably better than warhammer just by being more stable but i would think it may take a big hit in suscribers when stwor launches.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Ignoring Queues...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Definitively a lot less people in the 20+ areas. If one looks for the planarites for gear, then it is still best to do the 18-20 rifts in Freemarch.

Anyway, I still do like a lot I can hop from doing quests to running rifts to running PvP mini-games to running dungeons to crafting to doing quests. I presume  it will get boring eventually, I already noticed once I thought "not again" when a zone wide invasion happened just when I attempted to finish a few quests; then it went over and I joined eagerly the raid to stop the invasion :p

So far I like it very much. The game feels very polished, and the souls system is IMO simply great :)