Author Topic: [MMO]Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 60058 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: [MMO]Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
Full on fire rift invasion in Silverwood at moment.

the one that was active when you logged last night was awesome, got myself 2 of the blue crystals :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
I got a corrupted sourcestone from this one this morning. Quite please, just need more planarite before I can exchange it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
So, those who have tried it over the past day or so. What do you think of it - given its a near release ready beta and given the type of game it is?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2011, 08:05:43 PM »
So, those who have tried it over the past day or so. What do you think of it - given its a near release ready beta and given the type of game it is?

i like it but its a pity bt are blocking rifts ports though has just started again 40k latency so unless they sort it i wont be subbing.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »

Liking it a lot so far. hell of a lot. Level 6 now, and just got to silverwood. Suppose the game starts here ;)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

Liking it a lot so far. hell of a lot. Level 6 now, and just got to silverwood. Suppose the game starts here ;)

yeah you start to hit rifts from 6 onwards and they are great fun. :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:02 PM »

i like it but its a pity bt are blocking rifts ports though has just started again 40k latency so unless they sort it i wont be subbing.

Apparently Trion are going to fix that at their end, rework the ports they use. So fingers crossed.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »

Oh yes it really does. Wait till a zone wide invasion + rift event lands on you. You'll love it!!  Had 3 or so today over the course of a play session, plus smaller footholds from time to time too.  Good that we are on a busy beta server as the population makes the rifts stronger/more frequent etc

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2011, 12:49:38 AM »
After playing through some of the proper game after the starting zone, al lI can say is wow. it...is....epic. The rifts and invasions are just so immersive. And even the questing doesnt feel like too much of a grind tbh. A lot to do and think about, so doesnt feel too grindy. Well impressed.

WoW sub has been cancelled. Gonna be Rift for me until SWTOR at least.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Very nice game indeed.
Only thing I like less is that loosing to an invasion doesnt have (many) consequences. By questing you have the feeling you get ahead, by fighting rifts - not so much.

Won't sub though through lack of ISK...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »
Well, since hitting Silverwood, my game performance has bombed to the point if the game being unplayable.

The starting zone was fine, just Silverwood onwards sucks form me FPSwise. Also getting bad sound stuttering also.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »
Well, since hitting Silverwood, my game performance has bombed to the point if the game being unplayable.

The starting zone was fine, just Silverwood onwards sucks form me FPSwise. Also getting bad sound stuttering also.

Sucks Danny boy.  As its pretty much where the game gets actually interesting too.

I'll nosey around forums and stuff, fingers crossed others have had it and theres a way to make it better.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:56:40 AM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »

i believe thats due to ISP shaping, especially if you are with BT its confirmed that they shape the particular ports the game uses as being P2P traffic. The devs are looking into it i believe.

My internet connection can be flaky at the best of times and apart from the odd laggy chop, it runs within acceptable parameters.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »
Well, I've cancelled my other MMO subscriptions. I'll be playing a Defiant rogue in (pre-)release, so playing various Guardian souls now.

I still can't say why I like it so much. Of course it's new, it's smooth, I like the "multi-classing" (reminds me so much of the good old days playing AD&D or WHFRPG :) ) and I think the rifts&invasions are just cool.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:59:46 PM by Jarkko »