Author Topic: Cataclysm Guild Levelling Perks Info  (Read 7648 times)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm Guild Levelling Perks Info
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »
Pretty sure it did reset last wednesday. Or maybe it was thursday... I do know i had reached the cap and then suddenly was able to get guild rep again sometime before weekend at least.
And Lemmings should hit lvl 4 tomorrow. 5% rep bonus wooh!  :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »
Reset this morning. So it does look like it was 3am Tuesday onwards.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
Daily XP cap doesnt reset each day now regardless of whether you reach it.

As of early this morning, say if you dont reach cap that day, the remaining figure roles over to the next day, and when you hit it, it stays capped until the following day.

For example, we had 98% of L2 done when I logged lastnight, this morning we still had it done. Once we hit 100% of l2, we are done, even though we only are at like 12% of the cap we started yesterday...

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »
Someone have been busy killing the fast respawning snakes where snake boss used to be in zul gurub so we got the critter kill squad achievement done, but nobody can buy the pet yet as it still requires exalted.  ::)
Now the funny thing is theres a followup achievement to kill 100000 critters wich seems to give no reward. I wonder if there are more achievements after that..   ???

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »
Guild Page - for doing all the pvp slayer achies - is now unlocked for people HONOURED with the guild. So my wealthy lowbies will have to wait...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
So a 7th bank tab is available to be purchased by my GM character...

...Except he needs to be friendly first (777/3000).

Very messed up.

They have said though:

I talked with the designers late last night and early this morning on the rep system. There are some improvements being discussed but any changes made would at the earliest, be seen in the first major content patch, if not after. For that reason they aren't changes we're willing to yet discuss as they haven't been implemented, but there is some agreement that additional ways to earn rep, as well as help for PvP'ers and PvP guilds is in order.

Future improvements aside, one basic point we kept coming back to while discussing it was the nature of the system, and the intent and vision for how it should be a part of someone's play time when they log in. First and foremost it is not a system we want to encourage people to grind out by making certain activities either give rep, or give more of it. We realize that this is contrary to what is possible for most NPC rep factions, but this isn't an NPC rep, and it's deliberately different. Secondly, and most importantly, we are ok with this continuing to be a very slow moving rep that you can't quickly progress. These are bonuses, and not requirements to ensure a fun or properly progressing gameplay experience. The gain of guild rep is something that is intended to happen slowly over time, and not something you can focus your efforts on to push toward the cap as quick as possible. Obviously there are ways to make it quicker, and actions you can take to try to build it up, but as many of you are aware they still aren't always extremely lucrative. This is intentional.

To reiterate my first paragraph, we do have some improvements planned in the way of adding or improving the way rep is gained in certain situations. We do not however feel the system is performing beneath or beyond the intent and design, and are mostly happy with the rate in which it's being gained. Slowly but surely.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »

Very messed up.

Is it not possible to promote one of your other toons thats honoured to GM, buy the tab, then go back to the original?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »

Very messed up.

seriously fucked up , guild leader cant purchase shit for guild :S

Blizz didnt think this shit through properly
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »

Very messed up.

Is it not possible to promote one of your other toons thats honoured to GM, buy the tab, then go back to the original?

Effort as id need to make someone else Gm first get them to make Shal Gm then do it, then reverse the process. 

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Saying that though, I'll probably end up doing it that way eventually.