Author Topic: Hurray!  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Hurray!
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:23:06 AM »
Order is getting up to speed. Today all T3 keeps were in order hands at some point!

Too bad only 5 guildies or so participated. I got quite some renown, grabbing BOs and defending. It seems defending a keep not only gives renown in the normal way (killing players, healing) but you also get 100 renown now and then, maybe every 5 mins or so (10??). Should time it to be sure.
All in all it was good fun, with easy and hard keep grabs and defenses, open RvR.
I think not every keep is as easy to take/defend as the other. IMO Avelorn keep is hardest to attack with defenders' siege engines having a good range over the area in front of the gate. 6 pads that cover most of this area. This is much better than BFP for instance, where only 2 pads have a good LOS at the area in front of the gate. 2 are mediochre (or how do you spell that?) and 2 are practically useless.

Another issue that I noticed: a lot of ppl (in general, dont know about guild) have no clue what siege engines to use or even that they can repair them!  :o

So, just to make sure:
- single fire siege engines (cannons, normal balistas) in offense
- AoE siege engines (hellblasters, organ cannons, repeater ballistas) in defense
- when you are the one that builds a ram, dont forget that you are the one that has to start the swing, it wont work without you doing that
- when manning a ram, it is better to aim at 95-97% than to aim at 100%, saw way to many 50%s today...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Hurray!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:53:34 AM »
Aye, was great fun. My apologeis for bailing so early I was having all sorts of comp problems ><
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:20:31 AM »
Agree on the ram tip - too easy to overshoot and hit 50% when trying for the hundred percent and so on.

Also apologies for not taking part - but between csrs being ignorant and my early connection issues I wasnt in the best of moods lastnight, so just did a little random stuff for a time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:22:11 AM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:11 AM »
Yeah, was great fun! And order finally learning how to defend a keep against superior numbers  :o

I think that 100 RP reward when you're near a keep under attack (according to my experience, you just have to be in the area, not needed to be in combat or so) is more frequent than that. I would say every minute or two. Also, i got 1490 RP for keep capture, dunno if it's new. Add 2x 400 RP for BO capture and i finally see renown from ORvR slowly catching up with scenarios.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:21:07 AM »
Sounds like progress, and good fun.

EDIT - Incidently it's spelled mediocre, you just had an extraneous 'h' :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:59:26 AM by Torgal »

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »
If you get the knack the aoe siege eq works well on the oil - additionally you get the person manning the drum and anybody repping :)
When defending and on the guns - make sure your mini-map is zoom'd out before you start and you can use that to help work out where you're hitting when the walls get in the way.

If you have a welcome party inside the keep when attacking - let the aoe guns have a few rounds before-hand - before you rush in - they can fire inside the doors and a little inside.  You'll have an easier time storming any opposition :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865