Author Topic: Kumbayah  (Read 9111 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Kumbayah
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
There are some advantages to it beeing sharded and encounters are done by matchmaking.
Goons will have a much harder time blockading any one system so grieving will be much harder to do

Oh god, you're one of THOSE people. The Grr Goons are gonna destroy x game people.  Wow, havent ever met one of those. Pleased to meet you.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Kumbayah
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
There are some advantages to it beeing sharded and encounters are done by matchmaking.
Goons will have a much harder time blockading any one system so grieving will be much harder to do

Oh god, you're one of THOSE people. The Grr Goons are gonna destroy x game people.  Wow, havent ever met one of those. Pleased to meet you.

Hey man dont bite my head off, you've been playing EvE too long, i think you suffer from bitter vet syndrome! HELL you even react like a goon! Guess its bitter goon syndrome.

Fact is, at least while i was playing EvE, alliances like goonswarm or whatever they were calling themself, RA and what not, made it impossible for the medium and smaller corps to gain sov. Or is that a fable?
By sharding its harder to lock off a system, also harder to get swarmed when engaging, making small engagements more fun and frequent.

But please to meet you, and is it bitter goon or bitter vet?  ;)
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Blame the crappy sov mechanics allow that to happen (just seems ccp wont ever get it right) not goons.  Hell if you want to blame goons, lets add TEST, INIT, NCDOT, INDISIOUS, CVA, BOB, FA, MC, PL, NULLI, etc etc as surely they are all what you describe as the problem.

Im not biting your head off btw, I am just surprised to find an escapee from EVEO on here.  Also yes I am a bitter vet, but I wont ever buy into grr goons from anyone unless its someone who has created what they have, as well as the level of content they have (hell thats what I admire about them and I do content work for 7000 characters in eve.) and then burned themselves into bitterness. 

its possible to like goons and not be one.

/seriously dont make me confuse EVEO/Starcitizen forums with here ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:36:15 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
Could be worse, I could be drinking the starcitizen coolaid.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »
Sounds like you've been drinking Garry-aid.  ???
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
ey man sorry for talking about star citizen on your forum, and sorry for being a fanboi.

your forum

so later o7
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »
RvB yaylookatuswefoundanichewelikebutfrownuponeveryon ewhoenjoysanothernichewhichismademoredifficultbyg amemechanisms-elitism
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
RvB yaylookatuswefoundanichewelikebutfrownuponeveryon ewhoenjoysanothernichewhichismademoredifficultbyg amemechanisms-elitism

You're mad and I am not sure about what.

Still good to see you too ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
ey man sorry for talking about star citizen on your forum, and sorry for being a fanboi.

your forum

so later o7

Dude, seriously you cant see when I am having a laugh? I thought it was the Germans with no sense of humour. 

For me SC isnt what it isfor others, feel free to post on it here, Im not gonna talk it down even if I have my issues with the game, some of the laughingly called humans that post on its forums (but I have that with every game) and the ever increasing array of jesus features it has ;)

Not sure how you get to I dont want SC posts. 

But if you're gone then meh, you wont see this.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Not mad, just stating my view on the tone you set in here...

Little easy of you to display everyone who has another point of view as 'mad' or 'one of THOSE people'

IMHOIMHOIMHO
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
Not mad, just stating my view on the tone you set in here...

Little easy of you to display everyone who has another point of view as 'mad' or 'one of THOSE people'

IMHOIMHOIMHO

Seriously what tone?  I just made my displeasure about Grr Goons known, I just dont get the hate for them that people seem to have. I find it irrational is all and tend to wear my heart on my sleeve on subjects like that especially after dealing with your average EVEO type increasingly often (you think they would be more rational about it...)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:11:47 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
anyway splitting this off from the SC fred, just incase people want to talk about the product they like.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
I guess I'll take that as a retorical question and ignore the played ignorance?    :-\