Voting closed: December 15, 2008, 10:40:18 AM

Author Topic: Addins  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Addins
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
What with less revenue coming into the company and designing/coding myself out of a job (automation / online bookings FTW) - I find myself with more spare time on my hands.
While I look for freelance work and develop some business ideas - I was thinking of coding up some addins for War.

The ideas I have in mind are:
1) Make twisting auras easier/dealing with general cooldown more automagically
2) A Party/WB/Alpha assist P2P system (essentially using networking/private chat to pass target information)
3) Guild Kill tracking

I currently have something for (1) but intend to expand it a little to handle sticky abilities/buffs/debuffs.

If you've other suggestions/ideas - drop a note here or send me a PM.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Addins
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
number 3 :)

Seriously though i am forever in awe of mod makers, so I'll be willing to help test anything you need me too :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
#2! doubt if they allow it though...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
Main Assist is coming with 1.1.

Main Assist:
In order to help groups feel more cohesive and assist in cooperation among group members, we have added a simple main assist function which can be assigned by the group leader.
* The leader of a group may designate a group member as the "main assist" player for that group. This status can only be changed by the group leader, and by the player who has been designated as the main assist player.
* By default, the leader of a group is set to be that group's main assist player when the group is first created.
* When a group contains a main assist player, a main assist button will be visible on the interface of each player in the group.
* When a player clicks on this button, that player's target will immediately change to match the current target of the main assist player.
* Assignment of the main assist designation can be done through the party context menu, or with the slash command /mainassist [PlayerName] or /makemainassist [PlayerName].
* In scenarios, the main assist status is not given to anyone at party creation, but is instead up for claim to any player in the scenario group. When someone has claimed main assist, only that player can reassign it to someone else in the group.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
well, this doesnt differ from the existing addons.
what im still missing is auto change of target with the assisters, which would really be awesome and thats what #2 is about, isnt it?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
Aye - my current thinking is something along the following lines:

Designated offensive target Pickers: Primary + WB assistants
Queue of targets: primary target and 4 secondaries

Each assigned target picker can +1 or -1 a target.
The Primary target picker can +5 one target.

In the GUI you'll see a stacked list of targets with the primary target at the top.
The addin will allow switching of auto-target on/off.  When on - the closest (in range) target will be selected.
You'll also be able to use the stacked list to select targets.

Against each target there will be some visual indicator about those currently assisting.

The general intention is something that aids groups and yet provides the flexibility of a changing environment.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
I want that addon you just described above made!!!!!

Seriously though - reiterating my offer of testing when you get this moving, the project you just outlined above, sounds amazing and can be something that really does aid in organising the zerg :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »
Make me an addin that positively screams at me when i am disabled or disarmed. This darken my toolbars business is BS without a VERY VERY obvious visual reference that shows up in the middle of a HQ settings battle :S

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »
Look at Aura or WSCT - both do it - I like Aura as you can pick your own graphic and play a sound.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 09:53:48 PM »
Look at Aura or WSCT - both do it - I like Aura as you can pick your own graphic and play a sound.

* Beosvir genuflects to his new god.

Seriously didnt think there was a mod already for this.  Its been annoying me how they dont have an animation and no obvious clue beyond the "dark bars" thing :S