Author Topic: Super Group Name  (Read 15074 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Super Group Name
« on: August 15, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »
So, have we decided what name our SG is going to support in CO? Hands of Justice? Or something else?

Main reason I'm asking is I'm photoshopping up a sig for various forums, and thought about putting our SG name in there.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Super Group Name
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
trying to think of things that sound a bit more SG than hands of justice but retain the justice part which i think is important.

Defenders of Justice

The Justice Defenders

The Justicars

The Justicars Hands

ill add more after i sleep and think ;)

the right hand of shanking

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »
Well, being a cheeky little git, I've used The Hand of Justice as the tag line for what will be my main hero, Paladin.

What do you think:

If you think I'm being too cheeky, say the word ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:26:36 PM by Kurtt »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
I like it - its pretty and the title suits :)

As for an Sg name, Defenders of Justice or I do have a leaning towards Justicars from your ideas garry.

Ps, Next day or so I'll change bits of the front page and do a blog thing there to say we are in CO and so on, we could probably even recruit (and I promise not to steal all our members and take them to EVE :D).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
I like it - its pretty and the title suits :)

As for an Sg name, Defenders of Justice or I do have a leaning towards Justicars from your ideas garry.

Ps, Next day or so I'll change bits of the front page and do a blog thing there to say we are in CO and so on, we could probably even recruit (and I promise not to steal all our members and take them to EVE :D).

I sort of made him as a hommage to HoJ and my love for Paladins :P Hence the golden Lion.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
It did seem familiar ;)

On that topic, do Sg's get decals and the like? (that can be changed willy nilly whether people all like them or not)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »
not enough glowey bits and lack of lightsaber means he cant be a WOW paladin but if you did him in pink id let you off :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »
not enough glowey bits and lack of lightsaber means he cant be a WOW paladin but if you did him in pink id let you off :)

Nevah!

And yes, we can choose an SG logo. Not sure about the willynilly changey-ness though.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »
It did seem familiar ;)

On that topic, do Sg's get decals and the like? (that can be changed willy nilly whether people all like them or not)

there are decals wasnt a huge choice in closed hoping for more, they were pretty much prettier versions of the individual logos with extra additions.

As to changing them i guess we can play with around with  the SG ui in open and see, all we need to start the trial SG is 5 members in on the same map and the leader in waiting talks to the SG founding NPC and pays 1g i believe and picks all the necessaries.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »
Validus Justicia

which is the latin for 'mighty justice' (if my aging brain has remembered my schoolboy latin correctly.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »
Manuum Justicia

is latin for hands of justice :)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
Manuum Justicia

is latin for hands of justice :)
yeah but i thought that sounded far to 'blue oyster club' for us  :D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »
...Blue Oyster Club...

(I like that too :D)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »
Lapse of Justice

Go evil
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »
Over in CoH, the SG I was in was The Justice Coaltion.

Thought that sounded cool.