Author Topic: 2010 Holliday ship: Echelon  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
2010 Holliday ship: Echelon
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
2010 holiday ship : the concord echelon
reported by CCP Loktofeit | 2010.12.09 15:03:05

It's that time of year again, when people get into the spirit of giving, even the people 23,000 years into the future.  CONCORD has joined in the seasonal festivities by packing its hangars with a very special gift for the capsuleers of New Eden.  December 14th, the pilots of EVE Online will receive the latest ship to roll off of the CONCORD production line - the Echelon.

Constructed in secrecy, the Echelon is a minor masterpiece of engineering, integrating otherwise incomprehensible Sansha technology into a frigate-class capsuleers vessel. The advanced cryptographic processors on board provide superior hacking capabilities for use on most known password-secured devices. However, the true beauty of the Echelon is in the adaptive synchronization of capsuleers and Sansha codebreaking components, creating a system predicted to give capsuleers an edge over even the strongest of the Nation's encryption locks.

Beginning Dec 14th 2010, you will be able to redeem the new holiday ship on your account login screen. You can then assign it to a particular character and CONCORD will deliver it to your hangar bay. You will be able to redeem the holiday ship once per active (not trial) account and will no longer be available after January 3rd, 2011, so make sure you log in to receive yours.

Here‘s how to redeem it:

* At the character selection screen there will be a Redeem Items button in the lower right corner. Select the character you wish to receive the Echelon and press the Redeem Items button.

* Check the box next to the Echelon and the Purloined Sansha Codebreaker in the confirmation window and press the Redeem Selected Items button.
    * You will receive a confirmation window that informs you which character is receiving the Echelon and in which station it will be deposited. They are always deposited at the character's current location. The ship cannot be redeemed if the receiving character is not docked in an NPC station.
    * Click Yes to accept the confirmation window if you are happy with your decision
    * Special Note: You may only make one transaction through this system, which also governs PLEX, per 24 hours.

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: 2010 Holliday ship: Echelon
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 09:50:28 PM »
Shiny.............

Very Shiny..............
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
from EVE-O forums:

Edited by: CCP Loktofeit on 09/12/2010 15:28:42
The stats of the Echelon are fairly equal to an average T1 frigate, except that it can only fit one module and no rigs. The module itself is similar to a T1 codebreaker, except it has twice the range and an eight-second cycle time.

Echelon stats (from singularity, so probably not final)

Shield 235
armor 305
hull 274

resists are that of a amarr frigate

capacitor 187 GJ
140sec recharge

targeting range: 20km
scan resolution: 700mm
Radar sensor strength: 6
signature radius 33m

velocity: 404 m\sec
Warp speed: 6 AU/sec

Skill req

amarr frigate 2
spaceship command 1

powergrid: 0
CPU: 0

slots:
1 medium slot
3 rig slots

I'm calling it right now...

2011's Christmas ship will be a plucky little frigate that can fit the finest <insert race>'s analyzing skill modules, and a freebie little data analyzer.

2012's Freebie will be a svelte little mining cruiser straight from ORE industries, equipped with a top-o-the-line gas harvester that even a newbie can operate... and 200 m3 cargo hold.

2013 anyone?
*looks under the tree, looking for another present besides socks after all the buildup.*

Nice limited concept ship. I shall stow it in a safe place.

I think many players expect a fully loaded Mercedes from CCP for Christmas instead of a SMART car. Greedy.

The thing is, it's a limited production free ship. If it were fully loaded Mercedes you'd likely /emorage when you went out and lost it and it couldn't be replaced.

It's a collectors item. It says "I was here for Christmas 2010". It doesn't have to do anything as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe next year though they'll consider bonus SP since it seems people can't appreciate the thought and effort put into creating a ship for them.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:27:22 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »
 :D

They took my learning skills and all I got was this friggin' ship!!!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
I'll probably never undock any of these I redeem, but that goes the same for all the special ships I have ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
getting together with a bunch of destroyers and suicide ganking a few would be fun though  :-\