Author Topic: Imperials fail at the Eternity Vault  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Imperials fail at the Eternity Vault
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »
I hope thats a unmodded default Ui.

Kinda like it.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »

Kinda like it.

afaik that is the standard ui
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »

Kinda like it.

afaik that is the standard ui

If so thats a bloody good default layout.  Short on chats ofc, but still plenty of high up screen space for a decent fov.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
I lol'd at the fail. Stunning gameplay thought. Sith Sorcerer is looking smexeh!

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:04 AM »
it looks like wow with glowings swords and pistols  :-X
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »
it looks like wow with glowings swords and pistols  :-X

Of course it does, because it is.

They - as every level based mmo - are taking the look and feel of the giant on the market and adding voice overs as their unique selling point.  I'll still play it despite my opinion of level based mmos (mainly bioware are the sell here for me, the star wars universe would be better if george lucas were 6 feet under so it couldnt kiddie it up anymore, ewoks were too far as it was, jarjar was even worse :S).

And anyway, EQ 1 and DAOC would like a word about the UI that wow uses and others have copied. Its not like there is anything unique on the mmorpg front anymore, everyone rips everyone.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
short version: it might or it might not suck (SWTOR that is)

long version:RANT WARNING

I still wonder if its a smart move. as wow lost around 1m players last couple of months. People are fed up with wow. Also the f2p model seems to be gaining in numbers (now i finally can try out lego universe  ;D )

sure you have the IP thats nice, and its in space. but basically nothing has changed oppsed to wow. Its 2 factions duking it out. Ok they each have their own stories. But its still two factions, leveling will probably be nice, but hey so was leveling and playing through dragon age origins, and i didnt need to pay 15 euro for that each month.

Also once reached level cap, sure there's going to be some nice loot gathering in endgame instances. But than what. I fear the same as with wow. They'll bring out an upgrade (you'll need to buy) and you can level some more, and rince and repeat basically.

Am a bit in a cynical/sarcastic/grumpy mood today. So dont weigh it down to heavy, but i have serious doubts about this game. Because its just basically more of the same wow had to offer. There are some nice things, but will that be enough to make it stand out from wow. People might switch it for wow, but its basically the same old shit. and tbh meh been there done that.

I absolutely hate you need to select a faction. Why thats not how RL works, i can switch sides. Also why the class restriction per side. They even undid that in WoW. So it might not be such a good idea. And why 2 factions, its not like the world is black and white. Having 3 factions (especially with some serious pvp involving capturing land and gaining from that) offers a lot more dynamic gameplay. As when 1 faction is to strong logically the other 2 will gang up. (sandbox is still better imho, but with these numbers of players they are expecting something like that cannot be managed i think)

Although i do think i would like the game as a playtrhough, and i might do it at some point (sure as hell when (yes when) it is F2P) I dont think it would last that long. Because basically it WoW with more recent graphics.

/rant
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.