Author Topic: ComicCon stuffs  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
ComicCon stuffs
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:40 PM »
Found this list of info from the first CC panel:

New Jedi Consular Companion announced: Nadia. VO'd by actress Holly Fields.
Who?

Companion Customization including appearance, weapons, skin color, etc. has been confirmed. Companion AI, such as abilities/tactics will also be customizable as in other Bioware titles such as Dragon Age.
As long as I can make them all blue im fine :D

17 major planets and a large number of minor planets will be available at launch. Bioware plans to add MANY more planets in the future and create "DECADES" of continued content updates. Also one planet confirmed to be strictly for Level 50 single-player content.
Do like, but for the love of all that is corrupt and awful, please make some planets that arent in the original movies (although really want to see a whiteout on Hoth).

Exclusive Collector Edition shop announced; items in the "lounge" will not give players any advantages to power in-game; primarily cosmetic. Also similar items will be available to ALL players through other means.
So Mt, but tempered by being able to earn similar stuff normally, this doesnt bother me so much, unless the Shop Stuff is still a tad better...

Cosmetic modification to weapons has been confirmed. Similarly the color stone you will receive through the pre-order bonus will be "gold" and add certain effects to your weapon as well as just modifying the color.
(By gold I take it he means ala Gold Ammo in WoT? it basically is a taster of Mt to come?) Oh and I dont care for this, like I care what colour my light saber is when im not rolling a Jedi anyways, and my trooper wont care about his laser colour.

Sharding technology (multiple instances of a zone) has been confirmed to be in-game, however they assure us it will only be used very "sparingly". Upon the initial release they may use it to ensure server stability due to the large number of players logging on, but then after the population stabilizes they will try to use it less and less often or remove it entirely.
They better stick to this, the moment they use it on the world at large is the moment I stop playing. Im not going to play a single player/small group game with mmo chat functions.

Advanced Class re-speccing is confirmed to be in-game for launch. It will be free the first time you do it, then it will become more and more "expensive" and "difficult".
As long as it isnt a credit cost increase alone its good.  Make it a quest or something that also has a credit cost (in materiels - encourage a player economy).

Due to overwhelming feedback received in response to the current speeders we have seen in-game, Bioware has decided to totally re-tool their entire philosophy in regards to mounts. Instead of having a system where players start with slower, less attractive speeders that "do not look great" and then "upgrade" them, NOW they are remodeling speeders so they are all aesthetically more pleasing to the player-base as a whole.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

An unannounced feature will unlock new races and species to players. This is speculated to be the "Legacy" system in SWTOR.
Havent followed it, whats this legacy thing?

Each class will have approximately 30 abilities at level 50.
Bit low isnt it. Just how much variation will that offer?

Ship interior customization is currently being planned for the future, but WILL NOT be in-game at launch.
Yawn. Unless I can change the engines and power grid to make my guns and batteries better for space.. wait.

Titles will be in-game and very plentiful and are totally cosmetic.
No pop culture refs please and you'll be golden.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: ComicCon stuffs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:35 AM »
Found this list of info from the first CC panel:

New Jedi Consular Companion announced: Nadia. VO'd by actress Holly Fields.
Who?
Holly Fields
Companion Customization including appearance, weapons, skin color, etc. has been confirmed. Companion AI, such as abilities/tactics will also be customizable as in other Bioware titles such as Dragon Age.
As long as I can make them all blue im fine :D
Red is better because red ones go fasta

17 major planets and a large number of minor planets will be available at launch. Bioware plans to add MANY more planets in the future and create "DECADES" of continued content updates. Also one planet confirmed to be strictly for Level 50 single-player content.
Do like, but for the love of all that is corrupt and awful, please make some planets that arent in the original movies (although really want to see a whiteout on Hoth).

just planets, i thought they also had moons in the movies, that way you wouldnt even have to expand on the actual number of planets just spaces you can enter (should have roughly the same effect though
Exclusive Collector Edition shop announced; items in the "lounge" will not give players any advantages to power in-game; primarily cosmetic. Also similar items will be available to ALL players through other means.
So Mt, but tempered by being able to earn similar stuff normally, this doesnt bother me so much, unless the Shop Stuff is still a tad better...
thought i read somewhere that everyone could get it eventually but cant be bothered to track the link

Cosmetic modification to weapons has been confirmed. Similarly the color stone you will receive through the pre-order bonus will be "gold" and add certain effects to your weapon as well as just modifying the color.
(By gold I take it he means ala Gold Ammo in WoT? it basically is a taster of Mt to come?) Oh and I dont care for this, like I care what colour my light saber is when im not rolling a Jedi anyways, and my trooper wont care about his laser colour.
as long as its red, or green that is.. because blue looks like a freezing ray, but its a laser

Sharding technology (multiple instances of a zone) has been confirmed to be in-game, however they assure us it will only be used very "sparingly". Upon the initial release they may use it to ensure server stability due to the large number of players logging on, but then after the population stabilizes they will try to use it less and less often or remove it entirely.
They better stick to this, the moment they use it on the world at large is the moment I stop playing. Im not going to play a single player/small group game with mmo chat functions.
sharding is bad, i understand you'd want to do it for server load, but just bad
Advanced Class re-speccing is confirmed to be in-game for launch. It will be free the first time you do it, then it will become more and more "expensive" and "difficult".
As long as it isnt a credit cost increase alone its good.  Make it a quest or something that also has a credit cost (in materiels - encourage a player economy).
Yup, as long as it does not involve real money who cares about virtual space credits
Due to overwhelming feedback received in response to the current speeders we have seen in-game, Bioware has decided to totally re-tool their entire philosophy in regards to mounts. Instead of having a system where players start with slower, less attractive speeders that "do not look great" and then "upgrade" them, NOW they are remodeling speeders so they are all aesthetically more pleasing to the player-base as a whole.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
meh
An unannounced feature will unlock new races and species to players. This is speculated to be the "Legacy" system in SWTOR.
Havent followed it, whats this legacy thing?
You can create species x or class x when you maxxed out species y or class y there is no way around it. Atleast from what i read.
Each class will have approximately 30 abilities at level 50.
Bit low isnt it. Just how much variation will that offer?
I think a lot, but than again who cares, usually just a couple of builds really worth it and the rest sucks.
Ship interior customization is currently being planned for the future, but WILL NOT be in-game at launch.
Yawn. Unless I can change the engines and power grid to make my guns and batteries better for space.. wait.
but it looks prettier, and you can show how much ingame credits you have that you can afford to wear a monocle.. wait
Titles will be in-game and very plentiful and are totally cosmetic.
No pop culture refs please and you'll be golden.
just meh, not caring, didnt the titles in LotRo give some kind of bonuses. Than again if they do this as some kind of achievement it might be fun to get them all
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
and yes i am so very bored i just respond to old posts of things i marginally care about :D
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
Shouldnt you be doing some work or something then?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
Shouldnt you be doing some work or something then?

This job is coming to an end, so am looking for a new one.
am an analyst. and to do anything for an undocumented system i need to talk to the programmers, they are on holiday (all 3) and finally like i said am an analyst so i need something to analyze. I dont do incidents :)

(there is little to do, as my 2 colleague analists are browsing the web also. One still needs to go on holiday and the other is doing a wine expert course)
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 11:48:22 AM »
my 2 colleague analists are browsing the web also
Wait, do you suggest you are... errr... wait a second. On a second thought, I don't want to know. Forget that I intended to ask something, carry on!

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
Wait, do you suggest you are... errr... wait a second. On a second thought, I don't want to know. Forget that I intended to ask something, carry on!

Currently there are at least 3 people who just read news sites
2 playing facebook games
and 2 geocashing

but our manager has his own office, where you can hear him laughing out loud when he's on the phone. so all is well :D
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »

Currently there are at least 3 people who just read news sites
2 playing facebook games
and 2 geocashing

but our manager has his own office, where you can hear him laughing out loud when he's on the phone. so all is well :D

I think he's refering to the word most ppl would spell as 'analyst'

but he doesnt know you have a spelling disability  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 10:20:03 PM »
Yeah, sorry, didn't know about that :(   It just sounded like a silly "Freudian slip" such as I sprout all the time...  :-[

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »
np,
can hardly blame you for something you dont know also it is dutch spelling for analyst
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »
Yeah, sorry, didn't know about that :(   It just sounded like a silly "Freudian slip" such as I sprout all the time...  :-[

it was a funny typo  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
its dutch,
although it does sound like wishfull thinking from your side Jarkko  ::)
former roommate.