Poll

Which Ruleset shall we follow to a server?

Core
3 (60%)
Open
0 (0%)
I dont mind
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Core or Open?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Core or Open?
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »
As per the poll.

The difference is as follows:

Server Types mentioned include "Open RvR" (killing any enemy you meet), "Core Ruleset" (flagged for PvP automatically in enemy territory and voluntarily in PvE areas) and "RP". Note that these have not been definitely and irrevocably confirmed, though.

Looking at that I'd probably go with Core, over Open (Despite voting dont care!), as if I want pvp anywhere, anytime, I'll log into EVE :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:18:51 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Core or Open?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
i voted dont care but thinking about it being a relative new convert to all things pvp i would probably get a bit twitchy looking over my shoulder all the time .

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
Me i like the option to choose i dont want to have to worry about being ganked just because ive no mates and want to solo ;)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
Core sounds lovely.
Can you play both sides on 1 server?

I need a home again! ^_^

*snuggles up next to the HOJ fire*
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:33:55 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Calmdown
Needs a thread

WAAAGH!!!

Welcome to Open-RvR! Rakarth awaits all those who seek the challenge and excitement of Open-RvR combat. Below you will find what separates an Open-RvR server from the Core rule set - it's not for everyone but it might be for you!

Open RvR Server Ruleset

Are you ready for the next challenge in RvR? Do you love the adrenaline rush of always having to look behind your back for the enemy? If so, then we welcome you to Open RvR, where you will either shine or falter in a constant battle for glory! Battle your enemies outside of the RvR lakes and affect the fate of your realm! Your Chapter 1 hub and your capital city are the only locations in the game where you have safe confines, of course that is until your city becomes under attack.

Rules:
- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
- Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
- There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Have fun and see you on the battlefield!

Notes

They've removed the "only areas where you can get to, you can PvP" bollocks meaning it's true FFA now.

The 'no bolster buff' is great - people can level themselves or get the fuck out, no artificial help.

Chickening only on two tiers down - less gayness of having most of the world inaccessible.

Stolen from another forum I inhabit :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."