Author Topic: 4.5 Hours!  (Read 20687 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: 4.5 Hours!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »
Yeah, theres a massive amount of nerdrage occuring on the forums right now.

Can't say I blame them tbh. I mean come on, is it me, or is it just bonkers that Cryptic have continued patcher/launch problems EVERY beta phase?

i just dont understand why the fileplanet file was a 2month old one ;) thats just plain stupid.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »
So everyone is getting 'Server down' - 'No shards found' after running the game and logging in? Or am I doing something wrong.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong - this is a Beta? Not sure how people can complain about it the extra patches and the servers been down  ???

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong - this is a Beta? Not sure how people can complain about it the extra patches and the servers been down  ???

you are correct, to me its a minor annoyance to others, who treat betas as free playtime it seems there rights are being violated.

If they want violated ive got a big heavy wooden object that has the name of their ass on it :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

Welcome to the internet, may you enjoy your time :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »

you are correct, to me its a minor annoyance to others, who treat betas as free playtime it seems there rights are being violated.

If they want violated ive got a big heavy wooden object that has the name of their ass on it :D

What gets me is not the downtime or the slowness of the patcher, because as you say, its a beta, but the fact that it happens every time the servers come up. Do they not have the knowledge/resources to fix these issues?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »

What gets me is not the downtime or the slowness of the patcher, because as you say, its a beta, but the fact that it happens every time the servers come up. Do they not have the knowledge/resources to fix these issues?

im guessing its financial reasons that they are too stingy to pay for more bandwidth probs only started when they gave away 10k keys in some online mag ;)

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »

im guessing its financial reasons that they are too stingy to pay for more bandwidth probs only started when they gave away 10k keys in some online mag ;)

I agree, these guys arn't Blizzard - they don't have endless cash to throw at it.

Give it time Kurtt, you will fulfilling your fetish for Spandex soon!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
Assuming there's a massive amount of people hitting the servers at once, there's not much you can do even if you have loads of capacity. Other than phase the activation of the game clients.

Everyone gets their hopes up on playing on the 17th. People get upset when they don't get to play. Can't blame them tbh, even if it is a beta.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
just because the servers down doesnt mean they cant fix it, they could be testing various scenarios its a beta....

just remind yourslef its a slightly better version of coh and just another step down the all mmos must copy wow route barely worth visiting....

got to say massively dissapointed when i logged on and it was exactly the same street / talk to cop / go to computer that was in the start of coh, dont see this one lasting long less chance than conan or lotro tbh.

I''m with Gunnar these days all MMOs have got less and less interesting and are just inferior wow lite, may as well play wow or not bother til SWTOR.

so I'm MMO free till SWTOR unless some company actually bothers to try shock horror something DIFFERENT to wow.

laters elv

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »
wow 11 ppl online, you guys must be excited :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
We're working on a resolution to this now, but the workaround we have is as follows:

1. Delete everything inside the Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/prepatch/piggs folder.
   2. Move all the *.hogg files from Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live to Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/prepatch/piggs
   3. Restart your patcher

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »
I don't have a prepatch folder... :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
We're working on a resolution to this now, but the workaround we have is as follows:

1. Delete everything inside the Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/prepatch/piggs folder.
   2. Move all the *.hogg files from Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live to Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Champions Online/Live/prepatch/piggs
   3. Restart your patcher

Whats this a resolution for?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »

3. Restart your patcher

Whats this a resolution for?

Uber slow patching speed. Poor old Yyan only needs to patch 26mb and its taken him an hour and a half to do 5%.