Author Topic: Scenario Listings  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Scenario Listings
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
Another sticky. Going to try and list all scenarios, and map images in here.

Dwarf V Greenskin:

The Gates of Ekrund
The Battle for Mourkain Temple
Blackfire Pass
Doomfist Crater
Thunder Valley

Human V Chaos:

Guns of Nordenwatch
Stonetroll Crossing
Talabec Dam
High Pass Cemetery
Maw of Madness

High Elf V Dark Elf:

Embrace of Khaine
Pheonix Gate
Tor Anroc
Temple of Isha

If you have maps, or tactics post them in this thread :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:09:20 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Scenario Listings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
From Tier 3 and on there are actually two scenarios per tier. You have above listed the ones that are shown by default, the other one is "hidden" behind the first one (press the arrows in the corners to access the other one). The missing scenarios are:

Dwarf v Greenskin: Doomfist Crater

Empire v Chaos: High Pass Cemetery

High Elf v Dark Elf: Temple of Isha

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »
MY take on tactics in the scenario tactics :)

All scenarios in WAR are timed to 15 minutes and/or 500 points. So whoever first scores 500 points wins, or the game ends after 15 minutes when the side with more points wins. Sometimes when your side is in the lead it is thus better to wait for the clock to tick rather than try something risky and lose it all.

Tier 1 scenarios

You can enter Tier 1 scenarios while being ranks 1-11. If your rank is below 8, you will be boosted to rank 8 (your stats and skills are boosted, but you do not recieve any new skills from the boost) for the duration of the scenario.

Nordenwatch

This seems to be the most popular scenario in Tier 1. It is a very simple "AB-clone" (excuse me the WoW term, I know AB is a clone from DAoC) and it is situated in the most popular pairing (Empire-Chaos). The queues are instant, so this is the place to where you get reknown ranks the fastest if you hit ranks 7-9 and notice you don't have the needed renown 5 for the excellent gear from renown traders.

The battlefield is (even if doesn't appear so when you stare at the map) triangle shaped, with one of the tangents being the less-used flank for both sides. Using that flank route at the correct time is crucial for victory, as 2-3 toons (one must be a healer though :) )can easily make the flank move and bag the game home.

Gates of Ekrund

The battle takes place inside a small keep in the Dwarf-Orc pairing. Both sides have four routes into the keep where there are three rooms to be captured (basically an AB-clone again). Inside the corridors have twists and turns, and there is one bigger open area. The fights in this scenario tend to be small skirmishes compared to bigger zergs in Nordenwatch and Khaines Embrace. As there are relatively few dwarf characters around, this scenario seems to have the longest queue of all (even at peak hours you have to wait a couple minutes as Order, and on Destro side on Karag Orrund the queue seems to be very long the few times I have tried to get in), even though it is in my opinion more fun than Nordenwatch.

In my opinion, the key to victory in this scenario is to hold the central flag. All the ranged classes should stack there, on the ledge or under them. Classes that can punt people are crucial here, as they can people down from the keep. Meanwhile a melee "hit-squad" dashes back and fort the other two flags, taking the flag and then rushing for the other (no point in defending it, as Destro will simply overrun it after the message that the flag is taken), and the hit-squad should have an easy time run through the friendly-controlled center to the other flag.

Khaines Embrace

Khaines Embrace has a different mechanics from the other two opening scenarios, as you get points (in addition from killing opponents) only when you succeed to take and hold *both* flags for 10 seconds. At that point Khaine releases his wrath, killing everybody close (close meaning everybody within sight of the flags) to the flags and the side who released the wrath scores a hefty bunch of points and resets the flags. Much of the tactics revolve around running away from the flag at the last seconds so you don't die in the blast, but the opponents can then capture the flag and prevent the blast, and basically who ever loses more toons in the blast starts short-handed for the next "round".

The map is pretty straight-forward with an intesteting twist. Both sides have a clear route to "their" flag, and from there you can advance along two routes to the opponent side; either through the tunnel or over the hill. You can also run backwards to your starting area and run around the hill; it will take longer time to get to the opponents side, but you are then closing in from their, often un-guarded, side.

Tier 2 scenarios

You can enter Tier 2 scenarios at ranks 10-21. If you are below 18, you are boosted to rank 18.

Stonetroll crossing

This scenario is quite popular because it is in the popular empire-chaos pairing. However, many players seem to find it confusing and do not actually know what the hell is going on... The scenario is run-the-flag scenario; run up the hill and take the flag and then run it to each troll camp .

The scenario has three troll camps. In the center there is a mountain peak, upon which stands a Troll-pacifier, a magic standard that will pacify the trolls and make them fight for you (not in the scenario though, just the fluff, altough the random ). Your side gets points by bringing the standard to the troll-camps, and if you get to all three camps, then you score a hefty load of bonus-points.

The scenario thus revolves around the flag carrier. The side with the flag tries to keep the carrier moving, while the opponents try to stop the carrier. If the flag is dropped, it immediatly resets back to the mountain top and the trolls revert to neutrality again; thus it is important to also control the site where the flag resets, so your side picks it up when the carrier eventually croaks.

Mourkain Temple

This murder-ball seems to be the most confusing scenario of all. WoW doesn't have any murderball scenarios, so that may be why it may feel so confusing and people are avoiding it.

On top of the temple there is an ancient artefact (the "murder ball"). Who ever wields it, get great powers but also becomes fragile. The longer the character holds on to the artefact, the more damage he takes.

You score a point for each kill, but kills by the murder-ball carriers are counted as ten (or is it 50 now?) times points, and also killing the murderball-carrier is worth 10 points too. Because of this, there basically there are two tactics here: Either the artefact carrier goes rampart and kills everybody (this needs *a lot* of healing), or he hides back near own zone and hopes his sides DPS will be able to kill off any opponents trying to close in on him.

Phoenix Gate

This is a pure CTF scenario. The only interesting thing is that the scenario has siege weapons, so you can mount a bolt-thrower and nuke people with flying logs. However, again the flanking attacks are what wins this game. While the main-forces clash at center, ~3 toons (at least one healer and one tank) have to do the flanking run to the enemy flag, cap it and run home. If two healers are present at the flank-run, the other should commit kamikaze (ie stop and fight hostiles; they will draw to the kamikazing healer like flies to dung and thus the flag-carrier gets a free run).

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »
Nordenwatch

This seems to be the most popular scenario in Tier 1. It is a very simple "AB-clone" (excuse me the WoW term, I know AB is a clone from DAoC) and it is situated in the most popular pairing (Empire-Chaos). The queues are instant, so this is the place to where you get reknown ranks the fastest if you hit ranks 7-9 and notice you don't have the needed renown 5 for the excellent gear from renown traders.

The battlefield is (even if doesn't appear so when you stare at the map) triangle shaped, with one of the tangents being the less-used flank for both sides. Using that flank route at the correct time is crucial for victory, as 2-3 toons (one must be a healer though Smiley )can easily make the flank move and bag the game home.

One usually winning tactic I've started using a lot, is to run to the flag-spot closest to the enemy spawn. Since over 90% of the time they won't have any defense on that spot, you can cap it relatively unhindered most of the time. Even when they manage to cap the fort due to superior numbers (though this isn't even necessarily so since you only need 2-3 people at most to go to the barracks), this leaves them with only the fort controlled. Most of the time people at the fort will start coming back to the barrack-side, allowing the alliance main force a good shot at capping fort back.

When your side is clearly stronger than the opponent, try putting 2-3 people at the Lighthouse flag, and position the rest of your team on top of the barracks flag, blocking destro from the fortress at the same time. If your side gets pinned down on the other side, have a witchhunter stealth and check out the fortress. :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
Added Thunder Valley to DvG for T4.  Not sure of the point of it yet, i'll try and find a thing about it.

Its bloody good fun though!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."