Author Topic: Graphic Assets  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Graphic Assets
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
Calling all Graphics Guru's....

I'm after some graphic assets for the corp to fit into a website I am developing which will provide an in & out of game corp store for things we produce.
The main corp logo can be found: http://maadim.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadimanage/includes/eve/corpLogo.php?s=574,555,468&c=680,677,672 and looks like

I'm looking for some complete image sets (with the corp look & feel) for the following categories:
  • Buttons
  • favicon
  • Corp Name as images for H1, copyright, etc

The above should be posted here for demos (http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=gallery) and ideally zipped/rar'd and attached to a reply to this thread (to make it easier for me :) ).

When I have something demoable - I'll run it past you guys first for feedback.
More than one image set is good - and if you have the time - then I'll setup a number of use selectable themes for the site.

The site will be available both in-game and out of game - and I can use different assets for both - so feel free to make different assets sets for each client type.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic Assets
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »
Example of the kind of styles for buttons I like:

http://www.web2summit.com/web2008 (Top section contains an RSS & facebook button)

Larger but soft and appealing

http://www.socialtext.com/ - under the main header Wiki Workspaces, weblogs, etc - too big and needs a splash of colour to highlight I think but another example.

also from their site

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 02:21:38 PM »
I'd move this a public area - theres a few graphical types who visit from time to time that dont actually play eve :)

If I had graphical talent I'd have a go, but...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »
dunno what 'the corp look and feel' is, but some stuff I like:

some is copyrighted stuff, but that's easy to work around

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »
Cool - some of them look usable - but I was thinking more of a co-ordinated set for those who like to play with images (I'm pretty grim myself).

This is a screencap of what one of the product pages looks like:

As you can see - it needs some loving but gives you a gist of the general idea.

(moved as per Beo's suggestion to a more public forum).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:16:57 PM by Rubino »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 06:26:28 AM »
Nice look - dont capitalise the 2nd "a" in Ma'adim though :) (I know this is a wip :D)

I may actually give some icons a try - icons arent that hard and im sure a better man than me can tidy up whatever I try out ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »
Oops - that'll get fixed at some point.
The fonts, text, colours and images are just placeholders that I try to vaugely coordinate while I get the guts of the logic finished.
When I'm sure the pages have the appropriate styles applied - I'll upload the prototype theme here which will allow any designers to work with the site assets.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »
A mate of mine is a digital designer and a few weeks ago he was busy making some icons for fun actually (or maybe to put em up for sales somewhere). So if need be, I can ask him to take a look at it.
Might be handier for communications and such if someone from within our own rank has a go at it however.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »
Could you give me a list of what icons you need?
I suppose each is for a button, so "order" "search" "add to wishlist" kinda things?
A complete list would be nice - I haven't played with photoshop in a while so if I find the time I could have a go. :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
Should be able to give you a more complete list tomorrow or Monday.
Things have been coming along and the User registration & actication pages are currently being put through the paces.  In a day or so the bugs should be ironed out and many of the other functions will come online - so you'll be able to test it out and I'll have a more complete list of images/style sheets/etc.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 08:53:29 PM »
ok - users, groups and permissions have been implemented on the site.
If you can register on the site at: http://storefront.dnsalias.net/apply and let me know of any issues you have.

Things to keep in mind:
1) The email address has to be valid - you'll receive an activation email
2) usernames have to be unique - you'll get a message if the name is in use
3) you'll need to click on the link in the activation email to activate the account
4) Once activated - you'll be able to access the backend here: http://storefront.dnsalias.net/apply .  You'll get a mail when it's been done

If you have issues with the activation mail  - can you PM me the mail you receive.

Most of the form layouts aren't pretty - just placeholders but it should be enough to see.
For now if you could limit yourself to just viewing the information.

Thanks.

Offline Zigzags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 12:33:51 AM »
there's an edit button at the bottom of the page that seems to be useable even before email confirmation/activation that seems to bring up all the information for the current item (in this case the chimera) in an editable fashion.

I didn't change anything so I don't know if it actually will go through or not I assume it will because you are showing corp price and cost and public price to anonymous user :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »
Aye & thanks - that's there currently just to speed things along.  The security modules were implemented yesterday - so I need to ensure that each module has the right security being applied. :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »
Should I try to place a order hehe? :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile