Author Topic: Working at the POS  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Working at the POS
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »
Guys,

The Corp Hanger at the POS is NOT for general personal storage.

You're welcome to have a GSC in there (with your name on) for your own stuff but other than than - what's there is for all members.  You're encouraged to drop any loot you don't want into the appropriate section - this will help the others and the corp later with mins when reprocessed.  The GSC's anchored at the POS inside the shields are for loot/ammo/goodies. 

While there's an exception for capitals (their size would consume too much space) - all ships should be in the Ship Maint Array - rather than floating in space.  Any loose ships that need to be out for emergency/temp reasons should be left around the POS hardeners just above the tower.  This helps keep the POS clean/tidy, to prevent bumping - and also to make scanning easier (with too many ships in space it's harder to work out what's hostile and what's friendly with the directional scanner/scan probes).

I will be tidying up the Corp Hanger Frequently and moving any items I found not in the correct sections to the appropriate ones for general corp use.
Every so often we'll collect up surplus items for reprocessing.

One other thing that should be mentioned - there is to be no hoarding of ammo/modules - in your personal hangers or in/on your ships.  While supplies are building up we have limited stocks of modules and ammo - so have on you what you need and some spare - but dump back into the corp hanger what's left over.  This includes Tractors & Salvagers.  While it's nice to have a personal destroyer fitted for optimal salvaging - if it leaves somebody else without - then it's annoying.  If you want to fit a ship for general corp use - make sure it's name includes Corp - and then others can use it if/when needed.  These corp ships should be put back into the Ship Maint Array and the end of your session - rather than left in your hanger at a station.

Contact one of the builders if you find supplies short of something you need.  Try to give a few days notice and we'll work to ensure it's there for you.

Ships:
Let's try to ensure we have fitted ships ready to fly in the Ship Maint Array at the POS should you need quickly to jump into something for combat.  Be it setup for personal or for corp - we should sharpen up a little so our response time is a little better.  I'll leave it to the Combat Captains to organise fittings and setups.  I'll also be able to use these fitted ships as fight ready replacements in the carrier when in PNQ - so you'll have a spare should you need it.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Working at the POS
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
Exceptions here being ships around my hangar and my hangar :) as I way off anyones warp ins.

Regards fits - SAVE YOUR SETUPS USING THE FITTING MANAGER!!  Save both as corp and personal.  Loading a fit can then get much better across the board and faster too, assuming relevant modules are in place.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:20:51 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »
If you want to fit a ship for general corp use - make sure it's name includes Corp - and then others can use it if/when needed.  These corp ships should be put back into the Ship Maint Array and the end of your session - rather than left in your hanger at a station.

I like this idea.  Along with saving fittings in the fitting windows for corp and such.

I'll grab a blackbird next time I am down there and start a ECM recommended fit (I'll probably do it both T1 and T2) and save it both in the fit screen and then stash the ship in the corp hangar (I noticed we have a couple of spare BB's down there).

EDIT: Nevermind, half the fittings I need for a standard, low skill T1 ECM Blackbird arent even present.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:37:12 PM by Mangala »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
This somehwat leads me onto one of the questions i wanted to ask. I take it we'd be well advised to keep any of our stuff thats just filling up the POS for no reason in the station where our medi clones are located in the next system..
I intend to start moving some of my extra crap thats clogging the POS to there later today when i get home.

Also ill probably keep some ships there as well rather than clutter the POS up with them all..

Is that OK?

A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »
Good idea. I'll do the same - 3 stations I use nearby, so why not have a thing at each :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »
Exceptions here being ships around my hangar and my hangar :) as I way off anyones warp ins.

Second thoughts, I keep bailing from my ships on the approach to my hangar from the ship maint array... means I bump my stuff all over when I do it again :(

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
We may reevaluate where the corp office is in Fountain (currently MN5) in the future.  Offices at the station with the medical facilities cost more/month and initially we were working to keep the running costs low.

Give us a few weeks to get the industry running properly - and we'll get together as a group and reevaluate.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
We may reevaluate where the corp office is in Fountain (currently MN5) in the future.  Offices at the station with the medical facilities cost more/month and initially we were working to keep the running costs low.

Give us a few weeks to get the industry running properly - and we'll get together as a group and reevaluate.

MN5 works decently imo, but first lets focus on getting cashflow to fund expansion and stay.

Offline Zigzags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:39 AM »
what does it cost to rent an office in yz? the medical/skill cloning facility being available on death is nothing to be sneezed at...

if it's not some crazy figure i wouldnt mind funding some if not all of the rent myself for the corp until the corp was more self sustainable

i really really really hate having no clone upgrade until i make the jump 1 system away when/if i get podded

i dont even know if you really lose all those skillpoints if you die with a low grade clone but like everyone else i've asked has said, "i don't want to find out!"

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:57:38 AM »
offices in YZ were 25M and 100M cant remember which one cost what.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »
you dont need to have an office at a station to be able to set your clone there
i have my clone set there
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
you dont need to have an office at a station to be able to set your clone there
i have my clone set there

Likewise.  I have my clones set there for hellfire and odin and any crap that didnt need to be at the POS is also there. Ill also keep some spare ships there.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Zigzags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »
If you get podded you end up in MN5N

you cannot upgrade your clone there

you have to travel to YZ where hostiles frequent with the possibility of getting podded again while you are trying to get your clone upgraded....

this is the only thing i don't like when i get podded :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »
you can set your clone in YZ top station, so then you will end up in YZ top station when podded

go to this station, open the stations medical facility and 'change clone location' or whatever the button says   :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166