Author Topic: Alliance OP  (Read 4912 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance OP
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
The POS aspect was a handy way for the guys to learn how to use fighters - and it worked pretty well all in all.
I noticed mine were being used pretty well.  The only issue the guys need to be aware of - is watching their HP and returning them if they're starting to take too much dmg.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
The POS aspect was a handy way for the guys to learn how to use fighters - and it worked pretty well all in all.
I noticed mine were being used pretty well.  The only issue the guys need to be aware of - is watching their HP and returning them if they're starting to take too much dmg.

Weird part for me was that they just disapeared just when I was about to set an attack order and since no damage had been done to them (been in warp the entire time haha) that wasn't the issue either.
Meh maybe they were jealous of my "x-wing" haha

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »

Weird part for me was that they just disapeared just when I was about to set an attack order and since no damage had been done to them (been in warp the entire time haha) that wasn't the issue either.
Meh maybe they were jealous of my "x-wing" haha

as was said at the time they obviously decided they didnt like you and sodded off home ;) i loved the panic when you thought they might have died the price tag on those things isnt exactly cheap.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
:) Generally a carrier pilot will recall or reassign the fighters if they appear idle for too long.

Once they're assigned - you can't see who they're assigned to or if they're taking dmg - just that they are in distant space.
Idle fighters may be being attacked or suckered away by a hostile to be attacked and a complete set costs about 300m - so we tend to be a little cautious.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »
Once they're assigned - you can't see who they're assigned to or if they're taking dmg - just that they are in distant space.
Idle fighters may be being attacked or suckered away by a hostile to be attacked and a complete set costs about 300m - so we tend to be a little cautious.

Dear ccp....
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
Aye - it's been an issue for years but I guess the same problem as not seeing people taking dmg on your watch list if they're not on the same grid.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Alliance OP (Defending PNQY)
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 07:47:24 AM »
Im so proud of you all /me weeps for his brave boys and calls the Sun and all those other tabloid rags.

Ive set the past weeks PNQyY stuff as a campaign on the KB, http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadikb/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=3 :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 07:49:38 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »
Aye - they've been pretty cool so far and done a grand job.

I'd like us to initiate a few more little fleets to roam a little and get some decent action - if we pick our engagements we could get some decent kills.