Author Topic: Moon Mining  (Read 9148 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Moon Mining
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
I do have a longing to get us into T2 production - and the great work you guys have been doing scanning moons and looking into what will make a profit is indespensible.
We just need to line up the right ducks first before we're in a position to start exploiting what's available.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 11:46:33 AM »
I do have a longing to get us into T2 production - and the great work you guys have been doing scanning moons and looking into what will make a profit is indespensible.
We just need to line up the right ducks first before we're in a position to start exploiting what's available.

Seems to be relatively simple to produce at least the components (or am I mistaken??) which sell for decent sums in the end. The further up the tree we can get stuff the better and more profitable it would become ofc.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:54:12 AM »
Aye - but there's also a political landscape we need to navigate and we need to ensure we have the financhial resources to fund/fuel the towers.
I'll knock up some tower configs aimed at moon mining so we can plan in their expense and purchase.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »
Aye - but there's also a political landscape we need to navigate and we need to ensure we have the financhial resources to fund/fuel the towers.
I'll knock up some tower configs aimed at moon mining so we can plan in their expense and purchase.

I know.
I've been thinking about the moon mining pos:es a bit. In general I think that unless they are on very rare materials it is better to go reasonably cheep. A gal small tower, a few hardeners and guns and the silo-harvester.
The benefit of the gal tower is two fold, 100% bonus to silo size=less management and it runs on local ice which makes it easier/cheeper.
Of course my main reasoning behind the moon mining thing was to have it fund expansion the upkeep and expansion of poses :) due to its relatively little time requirements in game. But getting further up the chain yields more cash so it is good.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
Aye - don't forget to factor in sov into the equation.  It lowers the tower's fuel reqs.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
I noticed that PMS sov dropped in 9d60-m.
That system contains a Cadmium moon, cadmium is a very valuable r16 material and should when reacted to the caesium we already have be worth (using the buy orders in jita this time) 792m isk/month.
However cadmium isn't a common r16 moon so if it is something we want we probably need to act fast. I'll go down there and take a look later to make sure it is safe enough and not occupied.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Sounds like a very profitable idea.

However there is one thing to be wary of, Sons or PL wanting that moon and the EH leadership giving it to them?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »
Sounds like a very profitable idea.

However there is one thing to be wary of, Sons or PL wanting that moon and the EH leadership giving it to them?

Doubt they would bother with that kind of moon to be honest, they probably have all the cadmium they can handle. But a moot point anyway, someone has a pos at that moon. Of course no clue as to who (not warping in close)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »
Humm - you can always eject from your ship, BM it and then warp to it in your pod in safety.
I tend to do it even if the scanner shows the all clear as a double check.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »
A sot pos it seems.
Ah well easy come easy go so to speak.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 05:31:44 AM »
The chrom moon I scanned is now occupied.
Would have been nice to get some cash from moonmining but looking less and less likely we will ever get anything worth mining.
Guess I shouldn't have wasted the cash and time to scan down the moons.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:37:32 AM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 05:54:42 AM »
5 years worth of people living in 0.0 does that im afraid :(

Theres been ideas punted about moons running out or changing on a random basis, but theyve always been burned fast.

How about Alchemy and looking into that? (Using lower end moon poo to make higher end reactions)

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=601

However its not the best solution really :(

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 06:06:20 AM »
5 years worth of people living in 0.0 does that im afraid :(

Theres been ideas punted about moons running out or changing on a random basis, but theyve always been burned fast.

How about Alchemy and looking into that? (Using lower end moon poo to make higher end reactions)

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=601

However its not the best solution really :(

The idea is cash for little effort in order to fuel the corp with cashflow.
I didn't scan the moons for my own benefit.

We had a window of opportunity. It was missed. We would have made enough to pay for the runningcosts of the poses we have and some more from the solerium reaction.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »
Did a quick check on the alchemy.
For 100 vanadium and 100 platinum you would get 1 unrefined fluxed condensates.
Now, given that vanadium has buy orders for around 600isk and plat around 900isk that means an alternative cost of 600*100+900*100=150000isk.
Now what do you get from alchemy.
1 unrefined, lets assume we have 100% refine so 1 unrefined becomes 10 fluxed and we get back 95 plat, now here is the kicker...
Fluxed condensates is the worst complex reaction material there are but it is worth around 3000isk/unit.
So the reaction would yield 3000*10+900*95=115500.
So the loss would be 44500 and this isn't including the cost of the pos upkeep.

Most of the alchemy reactions require... cadmium which is unavailable for us. Others require chromium, and that is also unavailable. Some require mercury (which I dont even think exists in fountain) etc etc.
There are some free platinum moons and possibly vanadium so that reaction would be open to us but as you can easily see it is utterly worthless.

(whoever came up with the alchemy idea needs to have his head examined because the way they seem to work makes it impossible to make any kind of money on them)

edit: had misunderstood the refining, apparantly you get 10 of the high end and 95 of the second material in a perfect refine and not 1 of the high end as I thought.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:04:51 AM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
Alchemy was a great idea very shoddily implemented by CCP, its not worth the effort that goes into it, unless you can do it in MASSIVE amounts.