Author Topic: Tactical Environments: *gulps*  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Tactical Environments: *gulps*
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »
Yikes : http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1008309

CCP Oneiromancer Is the dev in question.

The sstem in question is being affected by a black hole, however due to issues in the art department, they have not been added to game.

they are several types of systems such as double suns black holes and in system nebula.

anyways, the w-sys that connected to FD- yesterday has some weird properties:

- mass is doubled on everything. even added speed booster weight. drones' navigation is most confused aswell; perma MWDing and stuff
- base speed is... doubled i believe aswell.
- drone contral range for me was 28.5km 8[
- an apoc complained about reduced optimal (i'm assuming half otimal aswell)
- a vaga complained about 10km falloff w/ barrage

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Environments: *gulps*
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:22:41 AM »
nice :)

making you think outwith the normal is always good id love to have seen the "oh fuck" on peoples faces :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:38:34 AM »
So the question is will all these new systems have linear propertys.. i.e. systems with a black hole all having double weight and half effective range etc whilst those with 2 suns have something else or will it be all random. And if its all random so you can't allow for system effects prior to entering will they be providing some kind of module or maybe a new script type to use in existing modules to enable us to figure out what the issues will be rather than rely on trial and error each time.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:18:44 AM »
I need to lie down now
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »
So the question is will all these new systems have linear propertys.. i.e. systems with a black hole all having double weight and half effective range etc whilst those with 2 suns have something else or will it be all random. And if its all random so you can't allow for system effects prior to entering will they be providing some kind of module or maybe a new script type to use in existing modules to enable us to figure out what the issues will be rather than rely on trial and error each time.

We have little information at the moment about it - which is why I've tried to spend some time on SISI getting together as much info as possible - so as a corp we can grab it by the throat when it goes live.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865