Author Topic: Merlin  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Merlin
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:09 PM »
I want for Swuleia an E-war boat that is basically fire&forget. Ie stick on target, then concentrate on surviving with Swuul. Any comments on the following (bearing in mind I will not have time to micromanage her flight, the best I can consider doing is to warp the heck out if Swuul isn't under fire at the time, so set her to orbit at 2km with all whistles and bells on), please?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Merlin
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Try something like:

[Merlin, Merlin Tackle]
Overdrive Injector System I
Overdrive Injector System I

Warp Scrambler I
1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Warp Scrambler I
Target Painter I

E5 Prototype Energy Vampire
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Essentially you warp in, approach target and orbit at 2.5k/s - draining 10 cap/s.
Keep the orbit nice and close - 500-1000m - and he'll have a problem hitting you with either missile or guns.  But conversely so will you.  Not much of a problem as the primary purpose is to tackle and to stay alive.
Additionally with the speed it's a good alt/afk fit - just keep the orbit nice and tight.

The above is a fairly tight fit - but if you want to fit weapons also:
1) Drop a vamp
2) Go for blasters (Light Electron Blaster x2) as they have better tracking and fitted with antimatter (shortest range)

When tackled vs a Domi then orbiting at 1k should give you 31dps, against another frig you'll need to be at 1700m to get 21dps.

The above setup is cheap (around 3m) or with guns it'll cost around 2.5m.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:48:45 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
Can't fit a MWD, and wouldn't really like to take time from Swuliinas training (Swuleia and Swuliina are on same account)...

Regarding warp scramblers, using two (or more) are additivie? Or do they both provide a separate chance to scramble?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »
You can stack them on a single target :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
IMO 2 scrams wont be of much use, as the other party prolly wont have 2 warp stabilizers installed, prolly not even one
if you want to stack stuff, you better stack webbers
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166