Author Topic: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim  (Read 11878 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim
« on: December 20, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »
Ma'adim always needs minerals, be it for people to make ammunition with or for our ship builders to build some ships with and of course for us to stockpile, in case any aspect of Tech 3 items and ships creation requires them. 

Currently they are sourced on an ad-hoc basis by myself - from trading, from those rather epic missions with good ore's in them and of course by other members for whom mining is not the soul-crushing past time it is for many in their early days in EVE Online.

Following impromptu discussion in EVE Newbs it seems to be the case that our needs for minerals can be met from us all, if only there was an incentive system in place.  To this end, I am looking at the following methods of ensuring people get fair remittance for their Minerals without it breaking the corporation wallet (Please note that apart from the odd donation of isk by me, the corp wallet is entirely funded through taxes taken from mission hand in's and npc kills valued at 35,000 isk or more).

1. Remittance for Minerals could be given with pricing being 75% of Jita market value per unit.  This will allow us to turn a profit of sorts on anything the corp does sell made from these minerals and still get the miners a fair price for their goods; Downside to this is that the market can fluctuate alot on the minerals encountered less in High Security space and so cause earnings to be low for the more adventurous miners amongst us although when they do earn they EARN!

2. All members have a Station Container in the corporate hangar and the corp pays them a flat fee for all ore and minerals placed there over the course of a week - guaranteed earning without feeling a need to meet a target; Downside to this is, less overall profit as all mineral types are valued the same.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Short post I know, but I wanted these ideas out there while I work on other sections/further posts for this thread.  I am sure Constantine will provide us with an example of the total's he needs on a regular basis so we can flesh out and get some actual monetary figures done for people to mull over these points and provide their own feedback etc.

My biggest concern is ensuring that the corp wallet doesnt run dry doing this as its a good thing to have corporate funding for future expansion especially in the matter of Tech 3.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:02:54 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
I dont require paying for any minerals i contribute to the corp. At present my output is low er than i would like but within the next 7 days ill be flying a proper miner on my alt so the quantity ill be mining will hopefully go through the roof at which point ill be contributing 50% of what i mine to the corp coffers. This will of course change if the corp requires more for a specific reason.
When i get online later tonight i'll transfer what minerals i have across to the corp bay.
I believe its round about 2000000 units of Trit plus varying quantitys of the other three lower end minerals.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
I think this is a nice idea, guaranteed selling of all your ores/minerals and in return i make all the ammo you want free of charge so you win both ways ;) 

As Beo said we do need to ensure that the corp wallet has a "fighting" fund for the future, as it gets healthier im sure there will be other discussions as to how it can serve us all.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 06:48:23 PM »
Isnt there some middle road? Like... sell for 75% of the jita price (or mebbe of the 5day average of jita in pricehistory) and let the miner set up a contract?  I think we should trust each other enough to let the seller do this, this way putting less load on the corp management.
Flatfeeing is not the way to go IMHO...

Offers like Mac are, although very generous, not something that will make the corp float in the long run.
Giving money for the ore will give ppl an incentive to mine, although the pay wont be as good as on the free market. Me being a typical greedy Dutch, I would be more willing to mine few hours per week for some nice iskies than for nothing. I like to see some kind of result from the work i do, and the abstract idea that the corp profits from it just aint enough (hey, I'm no angel, sorry). Seeing some iskies, even though its not as much as on free market is as good an incentive as any.

About the corp coffers that need to get filled: I think that the more members mine, the more corp coffers get filled.
-> If we make just enough to make ammo off... Ok, then we will lose by paying the members for their ore (but you'll have to agree we wont lose much if we only mine enough to make ammo).
If, on the other hand we mine lots of minerals, there will be a nice surplus to make stuff out we can sell. For example, the last couple of days we sold about 4 kestrels and 0.5-1 badger a day. And I suppose this was only sales from one station. Although the profit prolly wasnt great, we DID make a profit and selling in more stations will make the profit grow.
I for one would be willing to deliver some kestrels here and there and put em on sale and Beo also mentioned his hulk being able to transport 20 kestrels at a time.

I think this 'small sales' is our short term way to go. I for one would like to get rid of the abstract -a corp can make money- to a more practical -whoopee! our corp is making a profit!-
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:50:32 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »
One thing, that I need to touch on. Thera should be the one doing ALL corp refining at this stage.  She has very good skills, and its in her future to finish these up - all the Ore Processing skills and Scrapmetal Processing - these skills, combined with her improving standings with Spacelane, Caldari Navy & Corporate Police Force give us an end result of minimal loss to both station taxes and refinery inefficency with more minerals coming our way, and conversely a greater profit to you chaps.

So please if you need refining doing, contract it to her, she will contract it back once done and then you can do what you will with it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:37:36 PM by Beosvir »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »
bumpski

any other ideas about this?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »
bumpski

any other ideas about this?

Currently looking at markets - for T1 (and now I have to add rigs to this) ships and so on - lots of data, lots of regions, luckily two monitors helps!

Just making them and selling in The Citadel market is all well and good, but its highly populated empire space with inumerable manufacturers, so by looking further afield I can find markets for our goods that will gain us a better return.  For example, the markets in the regions Faction Warfare occurs in (specifically the low sec areas of: Black Rise, Essence, Lonetrek, Heimatar, The Bleaklands & Devoid) are one possibility. Requires me to move to each of them so I can scan market data, without moving my trader's clones from the major market hubs (You DONT want to be getting into those markets by the way, 0.01isk price wars on so much :S) but thats not a problem :)

I have the links to the killboards of various faction warfare focused corporations, so I can also use the data there to see which T1 ships - within our manufacturing purview (Frigs, maybe cruisers) - are most killed in combat in those areas.

Apart from FW, again good potential markets are regions with a direct 0.0 access system from highsec, or a number of high sec>low sec> 0.0 pipes. These systems will often have player camps on the opposite side and helping people who have just lost a ship to lose a new one could turn a profit, as could selling rigs in these area's (Passing traffic of people moving back and forth to 0.0 to fight in the various conflicts there).

(Random I know, but brain hurts right now )

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
All this sounds great, but I don't understand half of it  :P  I hope that isn't a problem. Anyway, I support anything that is good for us :)

Regarding reprocessing stuff: The corp hangars seem to have (or at least had last time I took a look there) stuff nobody prolly will use (like civilian shield boosters etc). Would it be possible to set up a tab for things donated to the corp and which nobody will (or should :p) fit into their ship, and thus the master reprocesser could reprocess all that stuff every now and then?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 01:51:14 PM »
anthing for reproceeesing goes in the minerals bin, so if any modules are  in there Thera knows to break em down
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:05:34 PM »
in the container in the minerals bin in fact

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »
Since I volunteered to do the gruntwork regarding payouts, will you set the new prices yourself every 4 weeks, or will I do it?
In that case you'll need to point me to the website(s) where I can pull that info from.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »
Since I volunteered to do the gruntwork regarding payouts, will you set the new prices yourself every 4 weeks, or will I do it?
In that case you'll need to point me to the website(s) where I can pull that info from.

I'll mail you, as I'll have my heads in those figures for other purposes anyways :)

Also improved spreadsheet is on its way soon :)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
Latest noob question for you old timers.
How do you determine who's putting what in the way of minerals and salvage in the coffers. Does it show up in a list for those of you with management access or will you require us to send a mail with the details to the person holding the purse strings ?
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
Latest noob question for you old timers.
How do you determine who's putting what in the way of minerals and salvage in the coffers. Does it show up in a list for those of you with management access or will you require us to send a mail with the details to the person holding the purse strings ?

Contract your minerals/dc's/salvage to the Corp, and Aicha - once the program is fully sorted (Like I say I need a little time to aggregate salvage figures) - can pay out using the numbers in the contract window to plug into the spreadsheet. He then accepts the contract on behalf of the corp and moves the items about to the relevant hangar. 

I'd suggest once a week for contracting items as follows:

Datacores: Monday (I do my DC runs on a weekend, as thats when I have more time normally, so suggest Monday as the day we contract them to the corp)

Minerals: Thursday (Just because!)

Salvage: Friday (See above)

This way Aicha or whoever isnt being swamped and doesnt have an entire evenings play spent doing math!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »
Obviously thera is available to refine your ores to minerals anytime one of my chars is online, so contract or station trade to her and she'll get them right back