Author Topic: account center  (Read 20160 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: account center
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »
I do wonder why GOA didnt have the same timeframe and organisation of Mythic (Well I know why: SHOWER OF SHIT) as surely EA being the money grubbing whores they are should have ensured that to get people wanting to sub a large portion of the potential subs shouldnt be treated this way.

Who seriously launches a system that hasnt been stress tested (and is built in bloody flash ffs) on the day of the actual OB start, in fact a mere 3 hours before it kicks off..

/rant off
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
Yeah... the American website is much, much better. Even WoW's is better as it uses Flash as an addition to, rather than a replacement of HTML. Can't even open a silly link in a tab on the EU website (unless there's some trick to doing that with Flash links I don't know of).

Apart from that, they should spend some more points in their planning, time telling and communication trees. :D
I'm off to make breakfast and do the dishes... will be back later. I assume you'll post server info on the frontpage?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:56:38 AM »
Yes I will - if we ever get in :D
* Beosvir goes back to his full english breakkie.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
me thinks they are going to get flamed to feck over this they kept on reasuring people the site could handle the traffic.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »
Sometimes the website works, but even then no sign of new registration pages? All I see is the big register for beta button at the bottom that has been there for weeks (I think?) and it doesn't do anything.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 09:05:09 AM »
I used this:

http://war-europe.com/#/registration/?lang=en

From a news article on the WHA site.

Now am just stuck refreshing to see if I ever see the captcha image!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
Thanks for the link. The image isn't showing for me either.

They could at least regain some credibility by doing a news post.
It's been 08:30 and 09:30 in all European countries now. ;)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 09:59:39 AM »
saw someone post that they got the image but it failed after that and kicked them to the first page again.

and someone is saying that they have not wiped previous account information so you need new nickname and email address so why do you need a new account crazy!!!!!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 10:03:42 AM »
give them a big Fecking chocolate cigar useless twats

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 10:17:01 AM »
they are just arragant the community has been telling them for weeks what would happen leaving it to the last minute to put up the account center.

cant even get on the WHA forums there must be a forest fire in there lol

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »
cant even get on the WHA forums there must be a forest fire in there lol

yup wont load for me at all so tried Only-WAR.com and theres already a 16 page thread on how shit this is :)

whom so ever thought it would be a good idea for them to launch there registration a few hours before open must be dumb
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 10:21:33 AM »
Its crazy - couple of huge threads going. Some people able to get past the captcha stuff, others like me cannot see that image (but hey at least there isnt an error code now..) in 3 different browsers on 2 different machines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
captcha image im not even getting a continue button on page 2 of registration :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »
I just hope they learn from this and are willing to admit things have gone a bit iffy in a news post.

I've tried a couple of times in IE and don't get the image. Going to try 1 time in Safari and then I'm off doing cleaning until later today.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
Uhm.

Got in using an old account login on the main page.

Added my beta code and it says "code has expired".