Author Topic: 26/10 T4 ORVR - I Take it back.  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
26/10 T4 ORVR - I Take it back.
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »
Despite my moaning about T4 I had a thoroughly good time tonight. Though we where massively outnumbered we were fighting the good fight down to the last keep. It can (hopefully) only get better, as more order filter up from t3 we should see more of these epic battles. Unfortunately, despite thinking I took lots of good screenies I clearly didn't.

This doesn’t really convey just how many players there were out there tonight; believe me this is but a fraction. I took a great screenie of me Vac and Beo manning the Oil in Karak Kwhatsit as well I'm sure!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:44:44 PM by Debaser »
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: 26/10 T4 ORVR - I Take it back.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:43:05 PM »
Was indeed epic, glad I found a fight that wasnt the recent steamrollings of Destro I have had in T3! :D

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:58:30 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »
10000 renown over the evening  :o

Was amazing really, some really good fights, with massive numbers on both sides. 

Cant wait till T4 really takes off, glad I am at the level where I can get the best of both T3 and T4 :)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »
Oh god, spot the Terry Goodkind fan in that last screenshot.

Was lots of fun - I took a couple of screenies, but I haven't looked at em yet. Tried to capture the whole destruction zerg in one shot - and I couldn't! 'twas an impossible task.

EDIT - grats me, I'm a centarian!

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »
Hmm, guess I will have to go back to TA  :-\
I want lvl 30!!

Looks like jolly good fun  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
Hmm, guess I will have to go back to TA  :-\
I want lvl 30!!

Looks like jolly good fun  :D

Just in case you didn't know : You can join from 28+. I was there last night, and I'm only 28. You'll get the bolster up to 38.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:32 AM »
Ah! thought the bolster only worked for >= 30, cool!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
They changed it a hotfix or two ago, you can join scenarios also from 8 (T2), 18 (T3), 28 (T4).

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Angelor

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »
Any tips for levelling 25-28? Im getting disheartened as I dont want to chain run scenarios, and the quests left in Human t3 seem a bit hard. If I shift over to do the other 2 racial pairings enough, or is it a case that scenarios are pretty necessary? I too want to get some t4 action!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
Use other pairings to do so - I tend to do half a level via RVR/Scenarios and the other half via PVE and chapter grinding. Taking me a while to get through levels since 26 or so, (about 10 real time days - although I have been busy in RL though) but better than TA, TA, TA, TA, TA! ;D

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:27 PM »
Any tips for levelling 25-28? Im getting disheartened as I dont want to chain run scenarios, and the quests left in Human t3 seem a bit hard. If I shift over to do the other 2 racial pairings enough, or is it a case that scenarios are pretty necessary? I too want to get some t4 action!

So here's the good news - the T3/T4 RVR is good.
The bad news is the XP levelling is bad. Try to get an AOE group together (make friends with RPs and BWs) to grind your way through it is the only advice I have.

I've hit a brick wall at 32, and am slowly (now 4%) inching to 33. It's incredibly demotivating, but on the upside the RVR *is* great.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

So here's the good news - the T3/T4 RVR is good.
The bad news is the XP levelling is bad. Try to get an AOE group together (make friends with RPs and BWs) to grind your way through it is the only advice I have.

I've hit a brick wall at 32, and am slowly (now 4%) inching to 33. It's incredibly demotivating, but on the upside the RVR *is* great.

This is what I'm doing to lighten the grind-burden:

The positive way to look at it is that once you're in T4 proper (as in, no turning back to T3), you're there. You've hit the endgame (the pvp end game anyway). This is the content you'll be doing for the rest of your time on that character so you might as well stop the omgmustlevelnow uphill struggle and just sit back and watch the levels roll in for doing whatever it is that you please (I'm really talking about passive xp gains from open rvr stuff). You don't really need to scenario grind for hours on end if you don't want to.

Sure there's a whole lot of character advancement still to come, probably only maybe 1 or 2 landmark levels in terms of new tacs/skills to get, but that's gravy - you're there in T4, and it's not going anywhere.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
Well I seem to be alone in thinking this game hardly grindy! Debs 36 and levels still fly by, I got 2 levels and 2 RR Ranks with ease this weekend.

Perhaps I'm just so fantastic or perhaps I just play too much ^^ one of the two.

My tip is to mix it up. I usually plan on doing an entire chapter, pick up all the quests hit them round in a semi cricle so I end up back at the camp for the hand in, then when all the chapter quests are done I look for a PQ group and give a few PQs a go before moving on to the next chapter and/or some rvr/scenarios.

Teaming with Vac and Orisha this weekend we have however found that small groups AOEing any and everything you come accross while questing is amazing XP and of course gets the quests done a lot quicker.
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
Well yeah I agree that mixing it up is a good way to make it feel less grindy. Variety is the spice of life, so they say.

If only the PVE (solo at least, AOEing PQs last night was highly entertaining) wasn't so god awful dull it wouldn't make me feel like dipping my head in the scenario bucket repeatedly in an effort to level or just logging off to do something else.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"