Author Topic: Civ V  (Read 24300 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Civ V
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
so i had a war with the French, pretty much a stalemate, swapping 1 city over and over, and without it i couldnt get a foothold on his continent.

Eventually get a grip take 3 of his cities and threaten 3 others, so he sues for peace and offered me ALL of his cities except his capital in reparations :S  LOL

hope they fix that obvious bug :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
Heard of that happening alot to people playing who post on SA, SHC and FOH (forums I use) but its yet to happen to me - AI seems to like long protracted wars with me!

If I read the official forums or civ fanatic anymore Id probably hear of it more, but jesus christ the antisteam whinage on those boards does my head in.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:21:13 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »

Eventually get a grip take 3 of his cities and threaten 3 others, so he sues for peace and offered me ALL of his cities except his capital in reparations :S  LOL

It's not a bug. Its a racial trait.  

1. Tanks that go faster backwards than forwards.
2. The love of all things garlic
3. An inate arrogance that borders on megalomania
4. The urge to roll over and play dead at the first sign of a fight.

:D

having said that, I had the americans do the same thing to me. Though it was only when i took their capital.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:01:45 AM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 07:36:44 PM »
Are there any hotkeys to force a move to the next turn?
I was in a war with montezuma after he had gone on a rampage on his continent and wiped out most of his neighbours, i had taken around 10 of his cities while refusing 2 of his peace offers, then the bastard suddenly comes up with a peace offer where he gives me another 10 cities wich i accept just to be nice(and save some time). Now taking so many cities over such a short time means the popuation isnt very happy even if i chose to only take them as puppets, but for some reason the next turn button is hidden by a choose production button that refuse to go away(cant choose production in a puppet city you stupid game!).  Unless there is a way to bypass that ill have to annex most of those cities wich will put my pop unhappiness into seriously pissed off for a while.  :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
Right click the icon maybe? (sure ive seen it mentioned on other forums as the standard way out of such things and as a way to save up your culture for socials).

Edit: doesnt work for build/research..

Check here: http://apolyton.net/showwiki.php?title=Hotkeys+for+Civilization+V

But I think you may be screwed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:16:32 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
Are there any hotkeys to force a move to the next turn?
I was in a war with montezuma after he had gone on a rampage on his continent and wiped out most of his neighbours, i had taken around 10 of his cities while refusing 2 of his peace offers, then the bastard suddenly comes up with a peace offer where he gives me another 10 cities wich i accept just to be nice(and save some time). Now taking so many cities over such a short time means the popuation isnt very happy even if i chose to only take them as puppets, but for some reason the next turn button is hidden by a choose production button that refuse to go away(cant choose production in a puppet city you stupid game!).  Unless there is a way to bypass that ill have to annex most of those cities wich will put my pop unhappiness into seriously pissed off for a while.  :D

seems its a bug.

i had the same happen under the same situation. it will proably be a puppet its trying to tell you needs production, and ofc you cant do anything for it.  had to quit that game :(

soz
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
Had to annex half of them before next turn showed up so guess it could have been one of the cities being confused as not a puppet. There really should have been a force next turn if there isnt one, or at least something saying what is preventing you from moving on... I had a unit somehow getting stacked on another and the game just didnt want to let me move on until i finally found out what was going on.  ::)

Edit: Happened again a few turns later. Japs who decided it was a good time to get into his head that he was destined to rule the world or something like that while i was trying to recover from pissed off citizens got beaten back and on third attempt to give up he gives me 15 cities and game thinks i should be setting production on puppets... Forgot to check this time but maybe this happens if you recieve a large number of cities and chose puppet on all? Maybe annexing one of them during the takeover would solve this issue.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:31:23 PM by Dlarah »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »
2K Games has announced that it is set to release two pieces of downloadable content for Civilization V on October 25th, with one being provided entirely free of charge.

First up is The Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack, which will see Genghis Khan added to the roster as a playable leader of the Mongols, available alongside a scenario in which you will be tasked with riding Khan alongside his Mongol horsemen.

Further to this is the Babylonian Civilization Pack, previously available to those that purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game, which will allow you to play as Nebuchadnezzar II. Playing as the King of Babylon, with advanced Babylonian Bowmen as your unique unit, will set you back $4.99 however.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
THREAD RESSURECTO

first detail about Gods and Kings expac, i like

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/11/civilization-v-expansion-the-basics-of-faith-and-spying

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 12:16:44 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
continuous upgrade route for archers , FUCK YEAH

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
:moist:

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
:waitingforspecialsale:
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:48 PM »
:stillwaitingforspecialsale:
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.