Author Topic: Skirmish Soldiers, what to choose?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Skirmish Soldiers, what to choose?
« on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »
I've read the bits available on skirmish soldiers, and I don't quite know what to do with them.

Warrior = Champion
Protector = Guardian
Bannerman = Captain
Herbalist = Minstrel
Archer = Hunter
Sage = Loremaster

For a burglar a tanky type (protector) would be nice, but who is going to heal him? The warrior (the champion type) apparently likes to run way ahead the burglar, thus phukkin up mezzes (but somebody doing AoE damage would be nice). Heals are always nice, but the burg usually is able to heal himself pretty well, and what else use is there for the herbalist?

At the moment I am thinking perhaps a Bannerman would be nice for a burg, and I think a Bannerman would be useful in practically any fellowship too. Can tank a bit, can heal a bit, can buff a bit, can hit a bit, can sing&dance a bit...

Or is there perhaps some cruicial point I am missing and should consider?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Skirmish Soldiers, what to choose?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:53:10 PM »
youve pretty much summed up my thinking, however im waiting to try skirmishes before deciding which route to take my soldier down. i believe that through playing with the skirmish system ill be able to purchase all the roles and traits for my soldier so i can shift him roles before starting a skirmish, so ill be aiming to "catch em all" hehe
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Skirmish Soldiers, what to choose?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
ill be aiming to "catch em all" hehe
That would of course be the ideal, but I have this damn real-life thingy interfering with gaming, not to mention my gaming ADHD which requires me to occasionally jump from game to game  :)