Author Topic: book 9 story with no major spoilers  (Read 993 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
book 9 story with no major spoilers
« on: November 18, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
You've heard the mention of the D-Day kind of invasion that starts Mirkwood? It's an instance actually, called Mirkwood Landing, and it works in the vein of Walls of Moria or the two intro areas at the start of the game. Basically, you arrive, you accomplish a number of tasks, and then the story progresses with Mirkwood proper.

Mirkwood itself is full of history. There's a haunted town with a mystery to unravel, an angry forest to soothe, and certain noteworthy creatures you've met before that you will again. All of it ties together in one long progression, bringing you ever nearer to the looming fortress in the distance. Admittedly, some areas are more engrossing than others... the Scuttledells, for instance, will have you running back and forth, back and forth through a maze of rocks and cliffs full of beasts. But there are other times you get to stand in one place playing king of the mountain, and a bunch of other fun moments to make up for it.

The Epic is certainly... epic. It's 18 chapters long, involving (and unlocking) four skirmishes, and a number of instances. It winds from one end of the region to the other, taking you to every single region. By its design, it also is one of the most gripping and personal books to date... you're introduced to a group of NPCs at the start and work with them closely all through it. At the end, the story from start to finish of Volume II is wrapped up in an epilogue with 12 seperate quests following the fates of various NPCs from the story.

From hit-and-runs on outlying orc camps to a full-on challenge at the gates of Dol Guldur, I gotta say... this is one heck of a thrill-ride in the story and quest department.

must say this sounds ,well, EPIC indeed :) sounds like theyve got back on track with the story orientated game. (Hardcore raiders are already fuming, i can hear them cry its so loud)

so if youve not been through Moria yet and done book 8 (volume 2) i ask WHY NOT?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: book 9 story with no major spoilers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
18 chapters?

Woah!

Thats stunning.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."