Author Topic: Pets that u want  (Read 5317 times)

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
Pets that u want
« on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Pets that u want
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
i want a Teacup Pig

http://www.teacuppigsforsale.com/

you gay?  :P

or do you watch far too much celeb TV?

You do realise that they may not always be smaller than most pigs? right?

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »
Wouldn't get much bacon outta one of those...

I suppose you could eat one on a stick though.

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
you gay?  no

or do you watch far too much celeb TV?  no

You do realise that they may not always be smaller than most pigs? right? they stay the same size when u get them

and its for a 7year old girl
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
you gay?  no

or do you watch far too much celeb TV?  no

You do realise that they may not always be smaller than most pigs? right? they stay the same size when u get them

and its for a 7year old girl

firstly they dont stay same size

they are bred from "small" pigs with the hope of also creating a "small" pig, however due to the way genetics work its not guaranteed that the offspring of 2 "small" pigs will retain the same size. What is a given is that due to the nature of this "selective breeding"  (read fathers mating with daughters et.al) Abnormalities are very probable.
How to make a micro-pig
Micro-pigs are the product of selective breeding between Miniature Pot Bellied and Gloucester Old Spot. This means they breed them generation by generation, selecting the smallest each time, until they’ve got down to small versions of the original. This often involves inbreeding, which has associated problems. For instance, as the pigs get smaller, they are less likely to be able to carry and produce, or even feed, further litters, so their fertility declines. There will also be increased deformities as a result of inbreeding.

Beyond the cute phase
If you are purchasing a Micro-pig, make sure it’s from a respectable breeder, as there have been a number of incidents when buyers have purchased a micro-pig in good faith, only for the runt’s growth spurt to kick in and it has grown to a full-sized pig

Im saying as i watched a docu about this exact issue just last week. Also pigs are sociable animals and as such owning a singular animal is not a good idea they need 2 or more to be happy.

It also turns out that this "fad" brought on by people like the Beckenhams and the ilk, as it seems they are bored of their "handbag dogs" really pisses me off ;)

A micro pigs great great grandparents may have been regular sized pigs. There is no guarantee that a supposed micro pig wont end up being regular sized

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:09:58 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
When Hitler (early Godwin alert) was breeding people, everyone was appalled.
But no one cares when we do it with animals all over the planet.
Virtually all dog breeds suffer from (horrendous) genetic abnormalities and deficiencies.
And quite frankly, some islands with somewhat static populations tend to produce offspring with quite a few genetic issues.

Pet shelters are overflowing all over the planet. But mostly adult animals aren't as cute as the youngsters. And of course there's money to be made.

Then there's cigarettes... wars around natural resources... bah. 

Oh world, how twisted ye be. I need to find myself a nice quiet wood cabin with a bit of land to retreat to.

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »
I already thought I was experiencing deja vu...

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1469.0
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
I already thought I was experiencing deja vu...

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1469.0

nah definitely more feeling in this topic ;)