Author Topic: Looking into this...  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Looking into this...
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »
Ey up guys, long time. Hope all is good.

Me and Pidge have been completely blown away by the vids we've watched on PS2, and will definitely be cracking on with it on release (or hopefully before if we get in the beta). What's happening with you guys? Are there set 'Clans/Guilds' etc ingame? I know a few of you will be playing it, so would make sense to join up with you. And more importantly, what race are you gunning towards? I know you PSers are pretty devout when it comes to your blood  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Looking into this...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
Outfits = guilds/clans/corps.

And yes, NC FTW. Fuck playing as alien worshippers or some "control for the sake of it" type empire dude.

I am in beta for this btw, obviously wont say too much.  It has promise though, a lot of it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
I'll prolly roll with this too. And will prolly follow Jon around because I'm too dumb to come up with my own gameplan...  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »
Free?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
Free free, or buy game and play for free free?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »
Yeah Chug it has promise, at the moment it is buggy as hell, but BETA you know ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 08:09:02 AM »
It certainly has promise from the beta vids i've seen. The day/night cycle is jaw dropping.

Going back to Goatey's question, is it F2P 'Pay to Win', or is it just a set fee for the game then free as you can get? (a la BF3/that other shit one)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »
Free free.  no purchase needed.

From a beta glance at the store,  you can purchase near everything it sells for ingame currency or station cash.   seems you earn in game currency from killing etc but i shall confirm later.   Nothing in store is OP either and withthe odd exception are variants on default items anyhoo oh and vehicle decals.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
And tbh with offline training and such you can get enough certs to skill into multiple setups and not have a need for the store